1993 Typhoon 623 for sale

neildemo

Administrator
So your going to include the new Reman Block and the broken block still in it right? Just want to make sure I understanding your post.

drhyed

Ill try again, its a roller not a runner. For clarity I'll say the engine installed when I bought it was removed, there is no engine included in the sale

DaveP's Ghost

Sounds like everything under the hood is missing now. The remaining value is in the cladding and bumpers. Less the cost of transportation which is currently substantial. Its a parts truck, and there aren't many Typhoon parts left. Get hold of Tom Mandrov, he's in Florida now, and may be interested.

You need to catalog and list what is included to generate some interest in it. There was a time that I would be interested, but based on what I perceive about the content (nothing left but the cladding and bumpers) the cost of the diesel fuel to come get it exceeds what I would be willing to pay for it. So it has negative value to someone as far away as I am.

I don't go on face-fuck, but I hear that FB market place has exposure for SyTy. I'd try there.

drhyed

Thank you for the help/insight. I remember most of whats there but not all, selling may require flying there to catalog things and get recent pictures. My brother is way deeper into the car world than I am anymore, he felt confident Id have lots of interest.

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Is the turbo, intake + exhaust manifolds, and other engine parts also no longer with the truck?

drhyed

Im not sure where the turbo is im 50/50 its in the truck but, I had the upper manifold is gone. I do have the manifolds, intercooler rad and an aluminum core support someone made a run of (still wrapped in plastic) its on 17" zr-1 style wheels I also have a set of 92 seats.

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
You say that you have a set of 92 seats. Does that mean that some of the interior is not there also?

If you are missing quite a bit of the SyTy engine parts that is going to most likely hurt the value. There is not a lot of those parts floating around and many potential buyers will want to use the original type parts to put it back together.

I have enough SyTy engine blocks, heads, pistons, rings for a couple of engines. But the turbo and other parts mentioned I sold off long ago. I could be talked into selling the parts that I have if someone purchases your truck and needs the parts that I have.

drhyed

the interior is complete, the seats are in addition. Im not a fan of the 93 fat man seats, very comfortable but not my cup o tea so I found a pair of 1992 seats. Im a bit confused about all the idea that many sy/ty engine parts are "missing" aside from the upper intake and perhaps the turbo (I had 2 at one point) I've got the intercooler and heat exchanger, exhaust, manifolds, cross over. I had the upper manifold syclone machined out and replaced with a machined typhoon plate that was epoxied in and then coated the manifold grey, I dont recall the guys name but he lived in Oregon. All said and done I had $700-$800 into it but once I decided to go ls swap (hate/flame me away lol) I sold it. The once piece of cladding flew off while I was transporting the truck from my garage to my storage location, I went back and combed the route all afternoon but couldn't find it.

No the truck wont ever be a numbers matching vehicle but aside from 2-3 sy/ty specific items all it needs are 4.3l gm v6 engine hard parts which I dont think are in super short supply?

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Your descriptions of your truck and parts is where everyone got the idea of parts missing. If you would have started off with a post like this last post there would have been no confusion. But now you have been pretty thorough with this post so now everyone should know what is going on.

You have a roller with most Ty engine parts. Instead of a Ty roller.

You will probably get the most money if you would get recent photos, And inventory exactly what parts you have and what parts you do not have. But that is just my opinion.

Last edited: