'92 Typhoon in Siberia

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.
Re: '92 Typhoon in Siberia

The internals are the same apart from the valve body and the boost valve and pressure relief spring and possibly a couple of other minor differences. If you swap valve bodies (after cleaning the damaged one) then you should be ok but you'll need to be careful as the generic ones are not more reliable than a specific SyTy trans.

A Ty specific trans in Russia? I don't believe it. They are rare in the US, nevermind Russia.

I'll post the link to a thread I started. I swapped a stock 700R4 for a friend and it needs work. You won't be able to drive it like a proper Typhoon until that is fixed.

Good to see you're back :tup:

bonesdmz

In Mother Russia Typhoon drives You!

The internals are the same apart from the valve body and the boost valve and pressure relief spring and possibly a couple of other minor differences. If you swap valve bodies (after cleaning the damaged one) then you should be ok but you'll need to be careful as the generic ones are not more reliable than a specific SyTy trans.

A Ty specific trans in Russia? I don't believe it. They are rare in the US, nevermind Russia.

I'll post the link to a thread I started. I swapped a stock 700R4 for a friend and it needs work. You won't be able to drive it like a proper Typhoon until that is fixed.

Good to see you're back :tup:

Yeah, I know the drill. But I don't have a turbo yet, so any tranny will hold.

Yeah, Ty specific trans :) Red/grey '92 Ty is being dismantled now in Moscow, I already bought some stuff off it. They are also selling the transmission, but I don't want to buy it. Too much abuse, I don't know whether it's been taken care of, so... Its risky.
Here is a link with some pics.

bonesdmz

Wow, I am amazed how far these have travelled. Why is it being parted? Shame :tdown:

Buy the turbo? Lots of good stuff on there esp cladding.

Can you find the VIN to add that Ty to the Graveyard?

RIP '92

They needed parts for another Typhoon, owner wasn't happy with reliability, body is rusted, etc. Same problems all over the world. :)

I wish I could print those dollar bills :)

I will try to get a VIN.

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

Yeah, what is it doing now?

You never know maybe it is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvCErYl62Zs

How in the hell did you find that??????????

Hope Dmitry doesn't mind me updating - he bought a used trans and went back to Novosibirsk from St Petersburg (1500km) and had a shop install it, complete with tow fees etc. but the replacement didn't work so he's out $1500 and is really fed up with the hassles of the truck. He has used the words "fire" and "crush" but I hope he's not serious. :dunno:

I wish there was some international SyTy charity to help international owners out. I cannot imagine how hard it is to get parts etc in Russia for a decent price, if you can even get them at all. I've been there, done that and it kills us.

Dmitry - keep at it man - loving your resolve.

Khereshoh?

bonesdmz

So, I finally decided to show some respect to community and my truck. Fixed most links and added pictures @ same posts they were before.

An update - I still have it intact. Please excuse me for some ignored PMs - I was SO pissed off with all this idea that I didn't wanna touch it (and everything else) again.
Well, years after I finally chilled out :)

As Mark kindly mentioned 6 years ago I now have 2 busted ATs, and I live quite far from where Ty is. I got married in St. Petersburg, have a kid, and another one coming.
I'll see if I can bring the Typhoon over here to my place reasonably soon (can take a year or two, you never know), but it'll sure take even more time to get my hands to it. I think I won't sell or scrap it. :) :)
This will be my mid life man crysis project :):D:)

Too bad this forum is kinda dying, I had a great time reading all this information. Time takes its toll for sure, we all getting older and stuff, so this is understandable. But sad anyways.

Last edited:

bonesdmz

Need to get this sorted.

Getting myself a new :) 4472 off Astro van in a few days. I’ll probably have issues, because I’m not sure if my output shaft/ tailhousing is any good (truck is still on storage quite far from me). Anyways, I just couldn’t help myself. I only have 15 years left to make a good graduation present for my son. Need to start somewhere!

bonesdmz

9B1DE009-CE36-41A9-BAE5-7B74D698ABEC.jpeg
Going home. With all that shit happening in the world I’m not sure when I’ll be able to start some serious work on Ty, but at least we won’t be 2500 miles apart anymore.
Maybe I’ll finally wash that 12 year old dirt 😂

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
Dang! Clean it up and wax it! Lol
Where are you in Russia? Concern about war things going on?

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
I see you are north of Ukraine. I’ve seen plenty of videos about Nazi in Ukraine which our media won’t mention about.
Once Vlad Putin said Neo Nazi in Ukraine so I had to research videos to see if it’s true on his claim and it’s true.