93 Ty #272 on BaT (sold)

SVO

GMC Racing
85k miles.

Sold, 15,750.

Last edited:

DaveP's Ghost

I wrote this for the BaT auction, but my shit always gets flagged. I've got a problem with piles of shit that ought to be on Craig List or in the junk yard being on BaT detracting from the good ones that should be there. My comments get flagged a lot for not being "constructive". My comments are "constructive" as hell, but are certainly "critical". There's a difference.
And you have the privilege of paying $289 in Dealer Fees on the purchase. Cool.

"Equipment includes an AM/FM/CD stereo, air conditioning, cruise control, a passenger-side Typhoon-branded floor mat, "

Where's the Driver side floor mat? Does any of this "equipment" work? How's the engine? The transmission? The T-case clutch? The front drive shaft? How about leaks? (These things can leak from a myriad of places.) Is the engine even original to the truck?

The pre-Hearst BaT would have rejected this fugitive from Craig List. (Probably where the "dealer" found it.) But these offerings give price points to guys like myself that own an unmolested, engine never out, complete Typhoon with nice condition refurbished STOCK wheels, if they decide to sell theirs.

There have been some nice SyTy on Bat. I'm surprised to see one like this one. It's a Typhoon, but not the caliber of Condition and Content that BaT enthusiasts expect.

Go ahead, flag away. (Yes, I am being critical, but this is "constructive". There's a difference.)