Billet TH400 Adapters

djsy934

Re: Billet TH400 Adapters

I have the design finished, you should be able to use the stock crossmember and prop shafts. Worst case scenario, the output shaft may need to be shortened ever so little and the crossmember slots elongated a little more, but i don't think so. This is a lot less work than making a new crossmember and prop shafts. The design requires the Mid Length 4x4 output shaft I showed in the earlier post.

I am ready to order the aluminum on Monday.

Sloweracing

I have the design finished, you should be able to use the stock crossmember and prop shafts. Worst case scenario, the output shaft may need to be shortened ever so little and the crossmember slots elongated a little more, but i don't think so. This is a lot less work than making a new crossmember and prop shafts. The design requires the Mid Length 4x4 output shaft I showed in the earlier post.

I am ready to order the aluminum on Monday.

Sounds great do you need me to send you a deposit.

djsy934

Sounds great do you need me to send you a deposit.

No deposit necessary, you can pay when we're ready to ship. I'm checking with those who are interested and get a final count on who still wants one.

Also with the new design we don't need to use the thicker aluminum so I will keep the price the same as the 80E's, $395 plus shipping :tup:

CalgarySS

1000 miles and counting..

Thanks again for going through the trouble to make these. This is a great option that was not available before.

Sloweracing

No deposit necessary, you can pay when we're ready to ship. I'm checking with those who are interested and get a final count on who still wants one.

Also with the new design we don't need to use the thicker aluminum so I will keep the price the same as the 80E's, $395 plus shipping :tup:

Thank you.

Anarchy99

I don't suppose you have any 80E adapter plates lying around? I got in on the 32 spline for those but I need the 80E adapter also. If you want, might be easier to PM me so I don't get this one off course.

djsy934

Adapters are done and ready to ship!

This is a comparison, it is a 700R4 with a SyTy tail housing on the left and a TH400 with our adapter on the right. I measure the transmission mount bolt holes and the mating face for the transfer case to be exactly the same. :tup:

Bolted together:

With the transmission mount:

Close up showing the output shaft fully engaged, there were no modifications to the out put shaft:

CalgarySS

1000 miles and counting..

Payment sent.
Thank you for making yet another unique piece for these crazy little trucks.

Gord

djsy934

I have a request for one of these to be made, anyone else interested in one??

Can you summarize which th400 I should be looking for if I decide to go this route vs the 4l80e? I don't care about long trips, I like the idea of not changing driveshafts or crossmembers as well. Do you have this in stock?

djsy934

Can you summarize which th400 I should be looking for if I decide to go this route vs the 4l80e? I don't care about long trips, I like the idea of not changing driveshafts or crossmembers as well. Do you have this in stock?

I am not sure there is any differences in TH400's. Not only do you not need to change the crossmember and drive shafts, you don't need to modify the transfer case support rod and you don't need a computer to control it.
The down side to a TH400 vs a 4L80E is that you don't have overdrive and you have to change internals to adjust your shift points.
I don't have any in stock, but I will be making some in the near future.
I am no transmission expert, it would be best to discuss the differences with a Transmission Builder.

I am ready to buy one when it is available, do you want a deposit?. I would also like to buy one for a 4l80e for a friend.

I am well aware of the differences, just wanted to know if I should need a 4wd th400 or any special output shaft is available on certain years or vehicles? I am building something that will rarely go more than 20 miles, so I don't mind not having overdrive. The "TyStang" never had overdrive and I never missed it. it was a lot of fun with a glide and the turbo 400.

djsy934

Ordering aluminum to make a couple of these this week, anyone else interested in one while I'm setup to make them?