Building traction aids

Yukoncornelius

I am starting to build some c@$#%track style bars. I have all my measurements and am cutting, milling and turning bushings on the lathe. Should be done soon. Need a set of stock rear shock mounts.

Last edited:

Yukoncornelius

Would like to start with a run of 5 to help with cost of materials. Or i will just make a set for myself.

Last edited:

Yukoncornelius

Does anybody have a set of stock rear shock mounts, or do I have to fabricate those too? The 2 junkyards around me only deal with 2-3 year old vehicles. The rest have closed due to urban sprawl.

Yukoncornelius

Someone did something to my rear tires and I had 2 blow outs. The axle to rod joint centerline is the only measurement I hadn't taken yet and my brackets are toast. I was thinking 2 11/16 to 3" but am not sure. Curse me for not writing it down. Can anyone help, please? I will pay 2x the price plus moneyy conversion and duty to ship to Canada because they won't ship USPS. That is why I want to build my own.

Last edited:

Sy2622

Check out thorbros.com
They have a good amount of S10 suspension builder parts and are very reputable in the low rider community.
They have what your asking for when it comes to the lower bracket.

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
7/16 is a thread size but don’t know what’s size after threads. Bet 1/2 or 9/16 like that