Checking in

Matt

Good day Eh, checking in its been a long time since i posted and want to see who is still out there ?

neildemo

Administrator
Im here.. Dont consider myself a OG I got in the game around 2010 when I bought my second syclone. Sold the first after a Divorce when I was young. Bought one out of Ca, Dave P went through it and truck ran flawless for 10 years until I sold it to a guy in Norway.

Brassmonkey

Cruzin' Mel Man
I still check in occasionally, although after having my Sy for 31 years, I sold it in Aug. I will be selling some parts after the first of the year.

DaveP's Ghost

I still talk to a handful of SoCal regulars from time to time. Paul Z Z-ski, Jason jaysctb, Kuros rexxennexx. Jason no longer has a truck, but Paul and Kuros have theirs. I still have my 93 Ty, just completed a 3,000 mile round trip to Dallas and back without opening the hood the way I used to do many cross country SyTy trips back in the day. I have the Syclone still in the 90% completed state it was in in 2004, the last time I worked on it. I've been playing mostly with my C4 Corvettes, I currently have 3, including a 90 ZR-1.

While we've all moved on to other interests in our daily lives and activities, I still enjoy seeing people pop up on here I remember from the days of 75 active threads a day.

neildemo

Administrator
I still talk to a handful of SoCal regulars from time to time. Paul Z Z-ski, Jason jaysctb, Kuros rexxennexx. Jason no longer has a truck, but Paul and Kuros have theirs. I still have my 93 Ty, just completed a 3,000 mile round trip to Dallas and back without opening the hood the way I used to do many cross country SyTy trips back in the day. I have the Syclone still in the 90% completed state it was in in 2004, the last time I worked on it. I've been playing mostly with my C4 Corvettes, I currently have 3, including a 90 ZR-1.

While we've all moved on to other interests in our daily lives and activities, I still enjoy seeing people pop up on here I remember from the days of 75 active threads a day.
Dave, I picked up Matt’s Syclone you helped him rebuild many years ago. Couldn’t let someone else have it..

Welcome back I recently came back also. I just picked up a Sy and still have my Ty. Sadly I see alot of of old posts and DIY stuff is gone with the old forum. i never got archived some place?

neildemo

Administrator
I got taken advantage of bigly on that deal. I build stock trucks and he knew that going in. I found him a stock bore ready to use SyTy block, and he bored it and added caps to it. You don't waste a SyTy block by adding caps and bore, find a stock LB4 block, so that pissed me off right from the get go. I think there were custom-length connecting rods. Some guy designed a cam. It just kept going and going. One new hurdle after another to jump through with neither him nor I knowing what we were doing. The project consumed my time and took up space in the shop for over a year. NO CHARGE. Most of the time I even paid for lunch.

I'm sure that thing never ran right, nor to its supposedly "potential" because no "Big Build" ever does. I never saw it after it was painted, if it got painted. I had lost interest long before it was even started for the first time, and I wasn't there when it was. I never heard it run, but I think it did because I think it got stolen from in front of his work after I was involved.

That whole deal still sticks in my craw. Nice kid, but I was taken advantage of.
Man it saddens me to hear this :( ! So sorry Dave. You never did me wrong. I actually wanted to fly you up here in michigan to visit your brother if he still here! I see you sent me your number I will give you a call to chat about it more...

corsair231

Not an OG and I don't FB either but here is where I go for help. Thankfully my truck is in decent shape so don't really need to check in much. I don't visit often but when I do, seems all of the new messages have been bots. I would be here more if there was more activity, lol.

blackknight

I bought my first Ty in 1996 and have owned seven of them over the years. I still have a modified1993 that I've lost interest in. I will be sending it out for auction in the US soon.