Crossover Tube Dyno Results?

Will_in_China

Truckless Wonder
What were the official numbers on the dyno for the crossover tube delete?

I remember it being like 20hp or such?

Urgh?

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Crossover Tube Dyno Results?

I think the results are up in the air. I have met other who gained nothing. I took mine off at the track and ran about .1 and 1mph faster, maybe mine wasn't tuned for the crossover or maybe the 20hp push a particular truck into beter AFR (I didn't look at a WB for my truck).

JKsSyclone

Our Ty made about the same HP without it as it did with it but they had just made alot of dyno runs and it was heat soaked.

tbauer03

TRBOBOX

when i did mine at the 03 nats i got like 5 horse power and 20 some odd pounds of torque
ended up getting 285 hp and 404 tq out of a pretty stockish truck

Will_in_China

Truckless Wonder

Hrmmm.

When Aaron get's through his 800 emails and get's back online we will have to see if he has the printouts from those 2 runs.

I guess I should have been more specific in the thread, Dad Klinger ran his truck at '05 nats dyno with and sans crossover tube.

We had actual results.
I thought it was more than 9, but then again I am stupid.

Double-A

Quitter

Will_in_Denver said:
Hrmmm.

When Aaron get's through his 800 emails and get's back online we will have to see if he has the printouts from those 2 runs.

I guess I should have been more specific in the thread, Dad Klinger ran his truck at '05 nats dyno with and sans crossover tube.

We had actual results.
I thought it was more than 9, but then again I am stupid.

Through stock tube & airbox w/ k&n panel filter - 208hp
Open turbo - 217hp

Dad's had some heat soak for the 2nd pull as well, as it was the first truck on the dyno and they were having issues getting a tach read, so it might be just over 10hp in reality. However as you know with these trucks, YMMV.

-AA

turbodig

Double-A said:
Through stock tube & airbox w/ k&n panel filter - 208hp
Open turbo - 217hp

Dad's had some heat soak for the 2nd pull as well, as it was the first truck on the dyno and they were having issues getting a tach read, so it might be just over 10hp in reality. However as you know with these trucks, YMMV.

-AA

Next years test:

Full stock crossover, airbox, & K+N

Stock crossover, airbox with K+ N and front of airbox removed.

No crossover.

KB or ATR style intake? Or maybe ducted away from the engine compartment?

The IC/manifold heat-sink can be countered by icing on subsequent runs, monitoring
IC coolant temp + surface temp on the manifold.

The chassis dyno isn't going to show the real difference in all this - the spool-up time
difference/low RPM pick-up.

I pick up a repeatable .3-.4 removing the front of the stock airbox. (with a 20g turbo).
Put it back on- lose the .3 -.4

Later,

Dig