Drag Racing Classes @Nats 11

Six-is-Enough

Use to do a little Boost
Pure Stock
  • Tires must be real street tires, no drag radials or stickies
  • Stock style exhaust and catcon must be in place (resonator on Saudi trucks)
  • Fuel pump may be replaced.
  • Fuel pressure regulator may be replaced with an adjustable type
  • Truck must weigh at least 3700# with driver. Ty must weigh 4000# with driver.
  • Stock unported heads must be used. If L35s are on the truck, they must be unported, and the owner must provide documentation from GM that this truck was delivered with L35 heads.
  • Stock GM chip only-ECM controlled boost,IC pump etc.
  • Stock type intercooler pump (Jabsco/Johnson Shurflo etc.) Steel lines may be replaced with rubber. Stock upper and lower CCHE.
  • All other parts not mentioned must be stock or stock type replacements
  • Ty gets .4 head start
  • SoGT's get 3.0 head start

Stock Turbo
  • Any Tire Allowed
  • Stock type leaf rear suspension,traction bars Ok. Fiberglass springs,lowering blocks permitted.
  • Any trans
  • Front suspension-any
  • Stall converter is permissable.
  • AWD
  • Headers Ok, must keep stock turbo location
  • Stock TD06-17 turbo with stock 8cm exhaust housing
  • Stock unported heads must be used. If L35s are on the truck, they must be unported, and the owner must
    provide documentation from GM that this truck was delivered with L35 heads.
  • SyTy Intake manifold
  • Engine internals, cam, etc, must all be stock. Production block with wet sump oiling.
  • Stock upper intercooler, no restriction on rest of system
  • Alcohol/water injection as anti-detonant permitted.
  • No NOS
  • Stock ECM (injector driver mods ok)
  • Any chip
  • Truck must weigh at least 3500# with driver, Ty must weigh 3800# with driver
  • Ty gets .4 head start

Super Stock
  • Any tire allowed
  • Any suspension.
  • AWD
  • Any exhaust
  • Headers ok
  • Turbo restricted to 3" inlet & 60 mm wheel or smaller turbos
  • Stock or L35 heads (ported ok, Bigger valves ok)
  • SyTy intake manifold
  • Stock style internals. Production block with wet sump oiling.
  • Any camshaft
  • Any intercooler mods or type
  • Alcohol/water injection permitted
  • NOS not allowed.
  • Stock ECM (injector driver mods ok)
  • Any chip
  • 3300# weight minimum with driver. 3600# for Ty
  • Ty gets .4 head start

Top Stock (Modified)
  • Any tire.
  • Any suspension
  • Any trans
  • AWD
  • Headers ok
  • Turbo : anything
  • Heads : GM part numbers Any mods but no pontiacs or canted valve/brodix
  • Stock Block must have wet sump oiling, stock stroke even-fire crankshaft, No Bowties
  • Any intercooler
  • Alcohol/water injection permitted
  • NOS not allowed
  • 3100 weight minimum (with driver) for both vehicles.
  • Any ECM
  • Ty gets a .3 head start

Pro Stock
  • Any tire.
  • Any suspension
  • Any trans
  • AWD
  • Headers ok
  • Turbo : any
  • Heads: any
  • Anything goes for motor (90 degree v6)
  • Intecooler any
  • NOS allowed
  • 3000 weight minimum (with driver) for both vehicles.
  • Any ECM
  • Ty gets .2 head start

Outlaw Sy/TY
Class for conversion vehicles. Must either be a motor/drivetrain conversion to a Sy/TY/So GT or a Sy/Ty motor (4.3L V6 evenfire Turbo) conversion into another vehicle for example, but not limited too:
2 wd conversion to a Pro street Syclone or wheelstanding Typhoon
LsX in So GT, Syclone, Typhoon
Twin turbo small block in Sy/TY
Sy/Ty motor in to Fiero, El camino etc.
Eligibility subject to Sy/TY Nationals committee approval

Rental/Tow/Daily Driver
  • Run what ya brung!
  • Bracket-race format.
  • This class will be ran as time allows between other classes.

SyTy Brackets
  • Bracket race format.
  • Must be a SyTy/SoGt
Also new to Nats 11 will be a crowning of a Sy/Ty KING. Stay tuned for details!!!!!!!

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66109 <<<<<<Details<<<<<<

Last edited:

Silly

Banned
Re: Drag Racing Classes @Nats 11

Good classes, just thought it would be more fair to have a level playing field as far as suspension goes.

A ladder bar truck and a coil over truck are not the same as a leaf spring truck.

Six-is-Enough

Use to do a little Boost

Good classes, just thought it would be more fair to have a level playing field as far as suspension goes.

A ladder bar truck and a coil over truck are not the same as a leaf spring truck.

Please explain. Not sure I follow what your statement is?:dunno:

Silly

Banned

Please explain. Not sure I follow what your statement is?:dunno:

Sorry for not being too clear as to what class or anything. I was talking about me of course lol.

I would fit in the outlaw class, but I have leaf spring and non coil over Qa1's. When in a class to this extreme you will see alot of coilover, ladder bars, and even 4 links. That is nowhere near fair to those who run stock suspension.

The classes are ran in a bracket style with Ty's getting .2 head start but not in this class. Why not give the break to the people who run a stock suspension and not put them at an instant disadvantage of the non stock suspension people?

Outlaw Sy/TY
Class for conversion vehicles. Must either be a motor/drivetrain conversion to a Sy/TY/So GT or a Sy/Ty motor (4.3L V6 evenfire Turbo) conversion into another vehicle for example, but not limited too:

MikeRenz

not stock

we can't have 40 classes. We've done the best we can to let everyone have some fun for a half day track rental.

Silly....how about this: once you show up at NATS, i'll let you complain about the classes :tup:

If we have enough registered & deemed to race vehicles that could possibly justify adding another class, we will look into it. For now, these are the classes that we'll stick with.

turbodig

Sorry for not being too clear as to what class or anything. I was talking about me of course lol.

I would fit in the outlaw class, but I have leaf spring and non coil over Qa1's. When in a class to this extreme you will see alot of coilover, ladder bars, and even 4 links. That is nowhere near fair to those who run stock suspension.

Considering the number of Outlaw entrants we've had in the past, just being in it might be enough.

Realistically, they can't classify for every condition.

Also, there have been leaf spring cars well into the 8's. Well set up leaf springs are not as uncompetitive as you might think.

Six-is-Enough

Use to do a little Boost

The classes are ran in a bracket style with Ty's getting .2 head start but not in this class. Why not give the break to the people who run a stock suspension and not put them at an instant disadvantage of the non stock suspension people?

Outlaw Sy/TY

Ok now I got ya. Yes there can be advantages in chassis, engine selection, and such. But these problems have not showed up yet in nats competition. When/If they do changes can/will be made.

2007 was the first year a conversion type class appeared at nats. It was won by a truck that could not even go down the track under its own power! Before that sy/ty conversion vehicles could only participate in brackets only. If your truck is preforming up to its potential you will be more than competitive in this class. I would hope a precieved disadvantage wouldn't keep you from showing and racing.

In class like this it can be almost impossible to make it totally fair. Will Robbins LSX turbo powered truck is also stock leaf spring suspension. Would it be fair to give him a head start too? It can be a never ending deal.

Silly

Banned

Few things:

1. I never once said add a class, I simply asked about the rules to a particular class. (can we discuss that??)

2. I have been to multiple nats in the past, give me some credit.

turbodig

My only comment is that there are a lot of classes. We haven't had much success filling the few that we had.

I would suggest getting a feel (read: poll) ahead of time about how many people intend to compete in a given class. If you only have a couple takers, you might want to rethink that class.

I know that 'intend' doesn't mean that people will actually be there and will actually race, but better to have some sort of an idea ahead of time.

Silly

Banned

Ok now I got ya. Yes there can be advantages in chassis, engine selection, and such. But these problems have not showed up yet in nats competition. When/If they do changes can/will be made.

Kinda figured this would be the response and that is fine

2007 was the first year a conversion type class appeared at nats. It was won by a truck that could not even go down the track under its own power! Before that sy/ty conversion vehicles could only participate in brackets only. If your truck is preforming up to its potential you will be more than competitive in this class. I would hope a precieved disadvantage wouldn't keep you from showing and racing.

Well my attending or not has no bearing on this. Something like this would never make me not attend. The racing is a very small part of the entire weekend, even though I wish it played a larger role. It has always come down to my schedule, hopefully I can attend, its been a few years.

In class like this it can be almost impossible to make it totally fair. Will Robbins LSX turbo powered truck is also stock leaf spring suspension. Would it be fair to give him a head start too? It can be a never ending deal.
If we were to open that can of worms my suggestion would apply to the 4.3 V6's but I see your point, line has to be drawn somewhere. Its just, hypothetically, if I was to race, and somehow even manage to go a round or two, and then in the finals have to line up to a truck that has a nice 4 link, I would feel cheated out of a fair race. But as you said, we can address things as they come up since these factors have not ever come up. I understand you will never be able to please everyone.

Also, there have been leaf spring cars well into the 8's. Well set up leaf springs are not as uncompetitive as you might think.

No no, it is proven old skool technology, if I knew it would never work i would not go with it. But if given the choice, with the cost put aside to do a leaf spring or a nice coil over setup, I think people would take the coil overs 99% of the time, and for a reason. Same reason they are not allowed in alot of classes when class racing.

sy#2921

BAMF

Shut it about suspension already! You still need the power to run in the respective class.

Here even in our own little world you are trying to keep me out. Scared a turbo truck will take down your nitrous monster?

92TYPHOON937

umm my ty doesnt weigh 4000 with me sitting in it though and it is all stock the only thing not in it is the spare tire??

Six-is-Enough

Use to do a little Boost

umm my ty doesnt weigh 4000 with me sitting in it though and it is all stock the only thing not in it is the spare tire??

It will be fine. Along as there has not been any weight removed. There are scales at BG. We will be weighing. Those weights were always assumed. I really don't think Ty's are that much heavier than Sy's 150 lbs or less. With data from nats 11 changes can be made to weights in the rules.

If you want to race there will be a class you fit in.:tup:

BTW What did your Ty weigh with out driver? Just curious.

JSM

I won with a truck that didn't run. If 20 trucks attend that fit outlaw we will split them up and make a fair race.

Chances are there will be 3-4 trucks at most in this class. My truck is extreme in some sense, yet has a best of 11.5 et to date.

Remember guys none of this racing is for money, its setup for fun.

Jeremy and I will be doing tech, we will do the best we can to make it FUN no matter what class your in. Even if you don't bring any car and want to race via foot.

sy#2921

BAMF

Can we get a poll going to see what kind of counts we would have for each class? I can fit in multiple and to be totally honest I would make sure I fit the class with less people

92TYPHOON937

when i get it back on the road agian i'll take it back to work and weigh it on the truck scales i aint sure how much gas was in it when i weighed it dont remember