Fire red/Black Sy

Typhoon#747

Donating Member
Re: Fire red/Black Sy

Seems pretty crusty underneath for 33,000 miles.

Do you see the fluorescent yellow zip tie in this photo?

DSC01070.jpg

On the flip side, it's not too terribly bad for a truck that was driven in Colorado! And one should never walk away from a purchase because of a zip tie!! :lol:

fivetodrive

CRISPY

Colorado is a desert. Way drier than you think. Replaced prop shaft as well... I wonder how many miles Dave thinks it has...

Last edited:

powercat6

From the previous owner's ad in May 2009

"I repainted it, added power mirrors, and a new tonneau cover in 2003. I have also added a rear electric window, an electric antenna, and a hidden latch on the bed gate. It has a bed liner and also has new Syclone floor mats. The vehicle has approximatelyu 100k miles on it although the odometer reads under 32K due to an instrument screw up in 2002. I could not get the trip odometer to reset to zero and somehow, through a missed communication, the technician solved the problem but reset both the main odometer and trip odometer to zero (the odometer was reading approximately 67,300 miles at the time). The engine has just been totally overhauled to put it in first-class condition and has less than 2k miles since overhaul. I added a tow bar attachment in 2004 to tow my golf cart to courses in the village where I live. The tag folds up for access to the tow bar and light connector. The vehicle will come with a complete set of shop manuals including the Syclone supplement and a CD of Syclone updates. I will also include a racing seat belt harness which a friend gave me and I never installed as well as some original Syclone decals and the original window sticker."

Odometer should read ~101,000 miles.

WillBoost4Food

Red Ty Supremacy

Looks nice to me, but it seems to have some skeletons buried in the closet. Too many issues for my taste.

I like the color combo. The door decals are bugging the hell out of me though.

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY

The dealership is selling as a 33k mile truck....

Someone is gonna get hosed on this truck. I'd maybe pay $7k.

The truck's been passed around so much that it probably suffers from "whisper down the lane" syndrome where some info (pertinent mileage info) was "lost" along the way.

even so, wouldn't the carfax show 60+k in 2002? :dunno: EDIT see post #11 here

what's gonna happen is that an eventual owner will find his way to SyTy.net where we will inform him of the true mileage, and he will be shocked...and no doubt, pissed.

Last edited: