Front Swaybar delete for drag racing

Mikeysy15

Donating Member
I was just wondering the effects on removing the front
swaybar on our cars . I’ve done this on all my previous rwd to hook better on launch and for weight transfer . Also the weight reduction is nice . This is my first Awd truck so I’m just wondering if it would help or actually not help . Please chime in if anybody has done this . Thanks .

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
I have coilovers in mine and removed all sway bars. I’m not sure if it’s ok on torsion bars

Mikeysy15

Donating Member
Thanks for the input . I actually went to the track yesterday and took it off before so went . 60ft was the same . Truck felt the same . No change . Truck went 12.1 at 108 with a 1.71 60ft. It’s actually a softer ride up front without it . It’s not as stiff . But yes you can feel the body roll instantly but it’s something I can live with since I’m not road racing or auto-crossing . I’ll just leave it off , it’s good weight reduction.

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
For AWD you do not want the front end to raise up. It might not be that big of deal of 12.1, but as you get faster through the 11's, traction does become more of an issue. You could add suspension limiters to help keep the front end down. My coilovers have limited travel which I think act like suspension limiters. They would not be affected by removing the front sway bar (which I still have installed)

Mikeysy15

Donating Member
Ya I thought about that too, speaking of suspension limiters I just finished installing them 1 hour ago . I accidentally found them on the shelf at autozone .
I went out for a couple of launches and wow , the car just shoots out foward with no wheelspin and it barely squats . I already had installed the caltrac monoleaf by itself in the rear which also helped a lot . I had a 1.67
60ft 2 weeks ago with it . Best so far . Hopefully the new bumpstops will help as well

proptop

Donating Member
Mike,
The front end limiters will work until you get to the High Tens if you have a good set of tires on it. It is just real hard to get a consistent 60 foot until you put some kind of adjustable front end limiter on it. Also it will be a lot easier to drive out of the hole if you can manage the front end lift.
Thanks,
Bob

Mikeysy15

Donating Member
Ya thanks , I actually took them off because I purchased some coilovers now and I’ve 60fted 1.57 best and many 1.58 and 1.59 with low horsepower , Stock converter , and small turbo . Running 7.39 at 91mph . Low mph because of the small turbo I think .

proptop

Donating Member
It looks like I should have went the coil over route as it might have been easier to accomplish. How big is the turbo?
Bob