Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

1BADV6

Donating Member
Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

oh I gotcha, people are sending in 3.73's but that doesn't help when you need the gears :tup:

I don't think the customers are supplying anything, John and Aaron are finding cores and building diffs from them with the Torsen units installed. Seems the five cores they have gotten have the wrong gears and flanges.

fivetodrive

CRISPY
Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

Yes we were excited that they had an all you can carry day at the yard so we pulled 5 diff's. ONE was with 3.42 gears one had 4.10 and the rest with 3.73's... So much for the good deal...

TWINTURBOV8

Hey guys what are you running for diff fluid with you lsd?

HiNoon

Team Aaron.Thanks for the hard work.Mine blew in Friday nite.(the extra funds went out Monday)You've done a great service for the syty guys.Now it's time to turn up the power and see what a built 4l80 circle D lockup and a front diff on LSD can do for a little ty...I can see turbo LS in the future now.Again thanks thom

fivetodrive

CRISPY

You are so welcome. Been having shitty luck with the cores. The last 2 have been bad. One with a chipped tooth on the ring gear and another with a mismatched case. It sure makes it frustrating for all that are waiting. Sorry but it will be worth it...

MotoCam360

You are so welcome. Been having shitty luck with the cores. The last 2 have been bad. One with a chipped tooth on the ring gear and another with a mismatched case. It sure makes it frustrating for all that are waiting. Sorry but it will be worth it...

I appreciate the update Aaron. Thanks for taking the extra time to make sure the cores are good!!

fivetodrive

CRISPY

We want them to be perfect. If anyone has seen John's truck you will appreciate his attention to detail. He carries this to building these front ends.

I also keep getting John mad at me. The last 2 cores have spilled gear oil in the back of his truck... I guess I owe him another lunch at Popeye's ��

Davemc1963

93 Ty Owner

Just a question without searching.
I know that the casings are different, but are the differentials and gear sets the same from the later Blazers/Jimmys/S10's?

fivetodrive

CRISPY

The later ones have the cv style axles. So we haven't pulled any of them...

graham1524

Got mine today, will be in tonight!

MotoCam360

I received my complete assembly last week.....very nice work gentlemen!

Thanks for providing this awesome part for the community

Gt_Sgt

self diagnosed INSANE!

I have been waiting to see how this purchase was going to turn out. I am still wondering if I sent you my Stock Typhoon diff, 1400.00 dollars, what would the turnaround time be. I am prepared to send both if not made to wait a ridiculous time frame. PM me please.
Thanks!

fivetodrive

CRISPY

Now that we have all of the tooling the only delay is the cryo treating which takes an entire week. And shipping from the distributor which takes another 4-5 days.

So the turnaround will be less than three weeks. I will have more cores the week of September 11th so it may be quicker

cloneman315

How about actual et track times etc

randy merritt

Donating Member

How about actual et track times etc

I haven't gone to the track since the install. I also did front coil overs and the JSM three link rear at the same time, so it may be hard to put a number on the difference that the diff makes. I want to go to the track some time in the not so distant future and see what kin of 60 times I can get.

Are these still available? Would love a complete 3.08 unit if possible.