How do I fix this arm rest?

AppleTY

Donating Member
My driver side arm rest is missing a bunch of plastic where the screws go through to attach it to the door. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

I was thinking of some kind of hard plastic epoxy filler or something, but not sure what would be strong and bond with the ABS substrate, but not totally destroy the foam too. Anyone ever used Plastifix?

As you can see from the pic, someone has previously used some epoxy to try to repair, but obviously it didn't work that well:

Thanks in advance

gstacky

Re: How do I fix this arm rest?

I would just find another arm rest, dime a dozen at the scrap yard. If you epoxy some new plastic to the bottom, it won't fit the door panel properly.

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.

IMG_2672_zps75e755ce.jpg

AppleTY

Donating Member

I would just find another arm rest, dime a dozen at the scrap yard. If you epoxy some new plastic to the bottom, it won't fit the door panel properly.
I called a dozen scrap yards today, and went to 4 and I couldn't find a single one which wasn't in worse shape than my own. I will keep looking, but it is ridiculous how common this failure is.

I was thinking that maybe I could cut out a section of the material, then replace it with a new piece of ABS glued in. This probably sounds crazy, but I can't stand having the door handle falling off into my hand.

If anyone has a good condition spare, I would be interested!

Black Knight

I Glow Therefore I am

I called a dozen scrap yards today, and went to 4 and I couldn't find a single one which wasn't in worse shape than my own. I will keep looking, but it is ridiculous how common this failure is.

I was thinking that maybe I could cut out a section of the material, then replace it with a new piece of ABS glued in. This probably sounds crazy, but I can't stand having the door handle falling off into my hand.

If anyone has a good condition spare, I would be interested!

Yep, not super easy to come by. Depending on how far you want to travel, the pick and pull in Stockton usually has 15-20 S/T series trucks on hand. Not always a winner, but has been my best luck place for getting parts.

Looks like they don't have crap right know though. Rancho has a bunch, might try calling them.

http://www.picknpull.com/check_inve...787924&Make=Chevrolet&Model=S-10&Distance=100

Adam#0213

This truck is awesome!!

You can get a new one from vintageparts vpi get part number from dealership!found it for you 15590909-ds.15590910-ps. Hth

AppleTY

Donating Member

You can get a new one from vintageparts vpi get part number from dealership!found it for you 15590909-ds.15590910-ps. Hth

I was hoping not to spend that kind of money, but what the hell its for the drivers side!

Thanks for the part numbers. I ordered it today, and a new hinge for my armrest too.

Adam#0213

This truck is awesome!!

I was hoping not to spend that kind of money, but what the hell its for the drivers side!

Thanks for the part numbers. I ordered it today, and a new hinge for my armrest too.

Glad I could help you out.. The ps- 15590910 was told by dealership a few left in stock!

Flip#32

I repaired my cracked drivers side pull handle with basic abs plastic I had left over from a head unit install. Just cut out a piece to replace the cracked bottom( seems I made 2 of them) drilled 2 holes for the screws & it was tighter than the passengers side when I finished. Getting it to bond back isn't an necessity, the screws do the job.