I want some opinions

sy2675

He Saved the Pimp'n Game!
I know everyone has their own opinions and things that get them all worked up even if it is a minor issue. Exp, some people want to kill just from seeing a certain color or hearing a certain work, like bitch. some chics get fired up just from the word even if used in a funny manner.

One of my petpievs (sp) is the way someone talks to me or at me. :tdown: Exp. I talked with a guy about a couple of parts he had for sale, something he said he had plenty of just send the money and a note of what i wanted and he would mail the parts back, no big purchase here less than $50. With all i have going on i had put the whole thing on the back burner, end of month and an offsite sale for work which always seems to be an IT nightmare somehow. Getting my truck back was my top priority also in the last week and a half. So i get his money order today, the only type of payment he will take, and give him a call. Basically my call was to appoligize for the couple of weeks it had been since our last interaction and to see if i could fax him a copy of the money order and fedex tracking# in return for him sticking my part in the mail. I was hoping the couple of days this would save in transit time would allow me to get my truck back together for a show i was wanting to make an appearence at. So i called and ask him if he had a fax # so that i could (see above). Before i could even get an appoligy in for the 2 weeks, the convo took a turn, he got real defensive and in a real shitty tone, why do you need a fax #? Then i tried to explain to him what i was hoping might be an option to finishing the transaction. But before i was even part way thru, he said, its been a couple of weeks you have been talking about these parts, you send me the $ and then i'll send you the parts end of story.

Ok, so i wasnt calling to demand that this go my way, just to ask if it was an option. and it wasnt the fact he didnt want to ship parts w/o getting the $ first, it was the way and the tone in which he talked to me. I hung up the phone and reflected back to some recent posts on here on how just how a deal can go from good to F*(& you, real quick. Just the way this guy talked to me has got me so mad that i probably wont do business at all with him. not that the $ is going to kill his business, its only $50, there are principalities to be considered here. Those of you not knowing what principalities are dont feel bad, its almost ebonics. :) Its not like i cant get the part elsewhere, or have mine repaired and painted.

So, here are the ?s i have for you guys.

1 would you do business with someone that talked to you in a manner you felt was inappropriate if you had other options?

2 do you think i got too pissed by his tone and should by the part anyway?

warmpancakes

Re: I want some opinions

what part are you looking for
1 im an asshole so I pisslots of people off
2 if you need it and he has it you dont have many options

SY2455

70's Veteran

Maybe you caught him at a bad time. Give him the benefit of doubt. If you don't want too and you can get the parts you need somewhere else, than go for it. I use to have a manager at work, for 3 weeks out of the month HE was as easy as can be to work with. but the 4th week look out, he would be all emotion and life around him was alot of drama. It was fun to watch, while getting paid.:rotf: We now have a boss who likes to micro manage. :tdown: They fire the emotional one. :tup:

sy2675

warmpancakes said:
what part are you looking for
1 im an asshole so I pisslots of people off
2 if you need it and he has it you dont have many options

it wasnt you, everybody loves pancakes! :tup:

MikeRenz

not stock

wah. quit yer whining. :lol: Just buy the parts elsewhere if you think the deals gonna go sour. You have enough holding you back that you started this thread...that should be warning sign enough to you.

sy2675

MikeRenz said:
wah. quit yer whining. :lol: Just buy the parts elsewhere if you think the deals gonna go sour. You have enough holding you back that you started this thread...that should be warning sign enough to you.

Im not whining :lol: Just that i tend to hold grudges, and when someone talks to me like that i tend to hold it against them. So its not i feel the deal will go sour, just the person pissed me off, that and i could just have mine painted.

mandingo

She's an Alcoholic

IMHO, if you weren’t disrespectful, you don’t deserve to be disrespected :2cents:

MrNurse

i'm no homo

i think you should mail him a copy of the moneyorder like overnight and the actual moneyorder regular mail with a note saying the fax would have been more simple.

shook0002

From what I can read, You talked about buying parts, a few weeks went by no payment sent. Then u call wanting him to send the goods. He probably thinks somethings up, talk to him again and if you still want the parts tell him you will overnite the M.O. I know I surely wouldn't send parts without $$ in my hands.

atlantasy

I would not think for a second he was directing his shortness to you. It is all the people in the past that have taken advantage of a situation and have ruined things for those of us needing to do business now. I wouldn't take it personal unless he makes it personal (you would know if he did).

ZavzTy547

atlantasy said:
I would not think for a second he was directing his shortness to you. It is all the people in the past that have taken advantage of a situation and have ruined things for those of us needing to do business now. I wouldn't take it personal unless he makes it personal (you would know if he did).

Yeah Man.
Don't let the asshole virus get you. Laugh it off and kindly spend your money somewhere else.

the baPhoon

Heres what i would do. You need 3 things. 1) latex gloves. 2) the money order. 3) an envelope.

Take item 1 and apply them. Take item 2 and place firmly between buttcheeks for any period of time greater then 10 minutes. Mail item. :D

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.

I would never send parts without money in hand, unless it was a good friend or a very reputable buyer. Everyone here knows you had nothing but the best intentions as far as the transaction, but it doesnt sound like you guys know each other too well ;) . Really, if the guy was any good at selling stuff, he would have talked to you more respectfully, it helps tremendously (duh) but it seems that way of doing business is out of grasp with a lot of people :lol: .

I cant say that I'd send money with a note to a "stranger" either :dunno: Mike Renz on the other hand, Id send my wallet and trust him to only take what he needed. :tup:

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.

ZavzTy547 said:
Yeah Man.
Don't let the asshole virus get you. Laugh it off and kindly spend your money somewhere else.

Didnt see this but yeah, :stupid: . Be one less asshole in this world, good karma :tup: