Important NATS '08 Information

warmpancakes

Re: Important NATS '08 Information

MikeRenz said:
I view homecoming as a very well run regional meet. One thing i'd like to see happen from/at the better regional events is hyping up NATS attendance and NATS itself. I'll definnitely be in cohorts with the committees that run the regional meets and discussing/persuading them to convince their own delegates to get their asses to NATS.

It's amazing what happens when the frontrunners of regional events start trying to convince people what they should do :tup:

perhaps the "nats" guys would like to donate tickets to nats "??" or pre sell tickets we could work with you

MikeRenz

not stock

warmpancakes said:
perhaps the "nats" guys would like to donate tickets to nats "??" or pre sell tickets we could work with you
yes, there are lots of things that can be works out. def. give me a call tonight :tup:

sytyguy

Moderated User

Yeah, like Adam said.....we see the Shindig as a SE event to supplement NATS and provide a "you-have-no-excuse-not-to-attend" meet for the SESYTY members. Of course, we welcome all SyTy owners to our meets, but we never intended for it to grow to a national level. I think most of us hardcore SyTyers from the SE will attend several meets a year.....NATS,....Shindig,....most local meets (Miami, Reynolds, etc...),....and possibly the Homecoming. But I honestly see Nats and the Shindig being a staple for most of us down here.

I'm down for wherever, but think that BG has a lot to offer and the members map shows that 70% of the active SyTyers live East of the Mississippi.

turbodig

MikeRenz said:
I view homecoming as a very well run regional meet. One thing i'd like to see happen from/at the better regional events is hyping up NATS attendance and NATS itself. I'll definnitely be in cohorts with the committees that run the regional meets and discussing/persuading them to convince their own delegates to get their asses to NATS.

It's amazing what happens when the frontrunners of regional events start trying to convince people what they should do :tup:

I might not speak for a lot of people, but for some, it's a 1 event per year deal, just out of the financials, time from work, kids, etc. I know it's not the intent of the regionals to poach from other gatherings, but that's the way it ends up being.

The '08 break gives me a chance to go other places. Which is a good thing, IMO.

sytyguy

Moderated User

MikeRenz said:

Mike, you can shoot any local info you have to sytyshindig@gmail.com. Adam, Ian, and I all check that address and would keep us informed.

sytyguy

Moderated User

turbodig said:
The '08 break gives me a chance to go other places. Which is a good thing, IMO.

Schweet! So, we'll be seeing you at the Shindig, then?!?! :D

JSM

I noticed Scott you didn't say cheeseburgers.

95xtreme

dgoodhue said:
One question (maybe a new thread) might be hepful especially to those who haven't been to Nationals or aren't regular National attendies

What would motivate you to attend the Nationals in 09?

The one thing that was touched on earlier was the fact that younger folks are starting to buy these trucks. With this it is a good idea to take into consideration of when college and schools start. Last year Myself and Nailj92 would have gone but he had started at Michigan Tech and I had already started school in Fargo. So on top of the added drive us younger folks then having Homework to do and it makes it nearly impossible to get away.

So I guess a little earlier maybe august or something or even a little later in September once school is settled in.
And if rotating cities make sure the hotel is not outrageous, When I stayed over night in Chicago earlier this year it was very expensive but when on my way back indianapolis was not as bad.

supersports10

here's an idea....the power tour ends in a different city every year.

why not just use whatever city they have chosen as thier final destination, and setup nats there.

that way there is no more of the "in my back yard" thing. it would be fair that way.:D

track rental could be tied together that way, driving costs way down.

plus the cars that show up for the long haul are some pretty sweet machines.

alot of "pro touring" cars, not alot of ricers, and usually a more mature crowd that can actually afford to spend a little money should more vendors show up......:tup:

WyoSyclone

supersports10 said:
here's an idea....the power tour ends in a different city every year.

why not just use whatever city they have chosen as thier final destination, and setup nats there.

that way there is no more of the "in my back yard" thing. it would be fair that way.:D

track rental could be tied together that way, driving costs way down.

plus the cars that show up for the long haul are some pretty sweet machines.

alot of "pro touring" cars, not alot of ricers, and usually a more mature crowd that can actually afford to spend a little money should more vendors show up......:tup:

I was just getting ready to write a short note regarding what Supersports just proposed.... dovetailing Nats in with another large event provides opportunities to contact some possible sponsors... what if we could get GM to throw in a few grand because we would have a showing at an event that gets possible TV/press coverage? If we have a large/larger audience viewing our trucks it presents an opportunity for money-making events (raffles, etc.).
If there are a number of car-haulers heading towards a large event maybe the far-away Nats participants could get a cheaper ride taking up an empty space on the car hauler.

Just some ideas to think about as we progress with plans.

Let me know what I can do to help, Mike!

NOJIMMY

...ditto with the above recommendation (realizing that the Power Tour, Hot Rod Pump Nationals
Hot Rod Drag Week, Car Craft Nationals, Barrett-Jackson Auctions, Hot August Nights,
and even that crappy drag-racing show might be candidates as well to piggyback on).

The trouble I have (not to be pestimestic, but stating the obvious) with just choosing a
location via poll is that without an approximate "month" ...(like Arizona or Las Vegas in the summer,
Seattle in the rainy season, or KC during humid/hot weather for example) its kinda a crap shoot.
Even Colorado's "attitude" (and bandiemere's adherence/enforcement of rules) might be an issue.
While you cant govern weather, the odds its gonna be 110 in Nevada in July is pretty good
as is rain in Florida some months.

-Larry

vortecfiero

holy crap !
i had a riot at the 07 nats... and was already planning for the '08
oh well... I will see what comes up and maybe join in at one of the
other SYTY meets

MikeRenz

not stock

NOJIMMY said:
The trouble I have (not to be pestimestic, but stating the obvious) with just choosing a
location via poll is that without an approximate "month" ...(like Arizona or Las Vegas in the summer,
Seattle in the rainy season, or KC during humid/hot weather for example) its kinda a crap shoot.

who said you were choosing anyway :lol:

these polls are to get a general concensus of what the owners would like to see. They aren't and end all be all thing. More a guide to see what fits with everyone. There is no way to please everyone. period. but also remember that we do have competent people planning this thing, and are listening to the public for opinions...so we aren't going to be in arizona in july.

alwayswantedone

Donating Member

MikeRenz said:
. but also remember that we do have competent people planning this thing,

I thought you said you were heading up the committee ?? LOL Just kidding.

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD

Ill bet you could double attendance at the next NATS if you have a dunk tank and the mods/admin sit on the bench for it :lol: j/k. Whatever happens, I just hope I can finally make it. I dont particualrly care where it goes even though I voted for Denver because I wouldnt mind getting the hell out of this dump for a week or so anyway. Hopefully I wont have any surprises that make me spend my nats money like last year.

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.

TYTILIDIE said:
Hopefully I wont have any surprises that make me spend my nats money like last year.

Nadine and I feel your pain there. :tup: :lol:

Nats '09 - We're saving already. :cool:

tbauer03

TRBOBOX

well if takes a year off maybe my ty will make it to a nats again. I guess now i can start planning on going to homecoming to get my yearly fix and i haven't been to s-series nats in a while but that is an entirely different crowd.

Captain Morgan

Moderated User

just to play devil's advocate here, everyone is away that the Homecoming and SE Shindig were never meant to replace or steal away people from Nats, but the plain and simple fact is, they did (or will do).

'06, the Northeast had a nice caravan of trucks, even larger than the caravan to the 2002 Nats in Chicago, it was really a great thing to see and have happen.

Fast forward to '07 Nats, the caravan consisted of me in my Toyota Celica..... yippie!! :roll:

Im not gonna name any names, but I had close to a HALF DOZEN people tell me either in person, over the phone or on AIM that they wouldnt be making Nats in '07 because they went to Homecoming. Its not that they didnt want to go to Nats, but doing two events in a year a one too many for some people, and when a show is closer, thus making it cheaper and easier to get to, guess which one loses.

Just my :2cents: on this topic