Loud Popping from speaker on bumps even when headunit turned off

Rexxenexx

Believe it or not this is good news. This might have something to do with my Typhoons performance up top.
Yesterday I was driving in a really bumpy area with train tracks and crappy asphalt when all of a sudden *POP*...*POP*...*POPOPOP*... Sounded like the sub/LOUD from behind, but it was so loud it was hard to tell just I feel only the sub can be so loud. I turned off the headunit, the next bump *POPOPOP*. I pulled over, unscrewed the main fuse to the stereo and pulled it out. Drove around the rest of the day.
Today I removed all the positive cable going to the amps, the subwoofer box, and the amp for the sub. Then put a new smaller gauge wire and a fuse holder to the amp for the rest of the speakers. I just need to buy a 40A fuse tomorrow and test, hopefully it doesn’t sound like a drive-by.

D891B26A-A253-4E18-A209-1742B7C156AB.jpegE600B6B0-BE62-4F3B-BA55-567CC242D6BB.jpeg

My question is, if you turn off the headunit it should fully turn off the amps because of the remote wire correct? Nothing felt loose except the positive wire kinda looked a little slipped out, but that just may be the jelly like skin. I tugged on everything and it all felt solid. Ground is on the back seatbelt bolt, felt solid. The installer bolted the positive Y splitter to the back of where the amps were mounted. It’s painted so it SHOULDN‘T ground out (?), but there’s nothing between the gold block and that surface. Kinda weird. Considering the above, what do you think could cause a loud *POP*? Might not even be the stereo right? A short somewhere else might feed through to the amps right?

Rexxenexx

Answered my own question when I put in the 40A fuse today. Heard a little click so a circuit is complete even if everything is off. I guess the remote for amps is just to energize the amplification and just having + and - powers stuff like fan control no matter what. Anyways, I drove the Typhoon around like a rental and no popping even over big bumps. When I have time and $ to waste I really want to hide the amp so I can fully use the back with the seats down, also make the sub easy to plug in/out. (y)