Modified Trucks That Need Emissions

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
It does not have a egr anymore. I put a new Magnaflow cat on with new engine. Tune with code$59 made sure afr stayed at 14.7 to 15.0 at idle to 2k rpm( smog is tested here at idle and at 2k rpm). And I set the timing at 10deg. advance from idle to 2k rpm. And before the test I always made sure to step on the throttle up to 2k or more for awhile right before the test, the cat works better when you get it hotter.

My truck always passed easily that way. I had a bin just for the smog test.

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
When we get the new emissions here EGR will be required. Basically anything that came with it needs to be there.

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Then that really does put a limit on what you can do or have on your truck. Sorry about that. Hope you figure the whole thing out. The only visual here is to make sure the vehicle has a cat installed. If we can get the vehicle to pass the emission test it is good to go.

Your state is about to start emission testing and it looks like ours is about to stop doing them. Almost every car on the road today can easily pass the emission testing. Not many older cars that have problems passing are still being driven. The emission testing is just a way for certain people to make a lot of money.

DaveP's Ghost

When we get the new emissions here EGR will be required. Basically anything that came with it needs to be there.
In California the CURRENT testing for SyTy or any full-time All Wheel Drive is what they (here) call a Two Speed Idle. Checked at 2500 RPM after 180 seconds, let it drop to idle and then checked again after 60 seconds. There is no EGR at idle. The tech is supposed to pull on the diaphragm, and the engine should stumble, but the valve does not open at idle (with stock calibration).

Smog-legal engine swaps in Emissions Inspected vehicles (currently 1976 and newer) need to be an engine of the same year or newer than the vehicle. You can not change Gasoline to Diesel, or Diesel to Gasoline, but you can convert either to CNG or LPG. The emissions criteria used will be for the year of the engine, and sort-of the model of the car it came in. If CO is adopting our smog inspection program, your '59 should be clear regardless of what engine is in it. Not even CA cares about 1975 and older any longer.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I'm a California Native. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more conservative right-wing Patriot than myself. People forget that California was the home of Regan, and that he was our Governor from 1967-1975. Politics in the state have changed, and now Sacramento is inhabited by lunatic liberals. ( I wonder if Nello has moved over there yet? He'd fit right in.) Other than the two coastal metro areas (Los Angeles and San Francisco) most of the state is still predominantly Red. The Reds are outnumbered by the Blues 2:1. The migrant Californians are probably the same ratio of taking their voting habits with them when they leave. Not ALL "Californians" are liberal-voting retards. Certainly not I.

Last edited:

Mikeysy15

Donating Member
Dave P. Good to know your not a liberal and from Cali. But we make up only 25% of the republican vote . I don’t worry about smog or emissions . In fact , a lot of people don’t . I send my registration and 300 bucks and it gets done . So easy , don’t have the hassle and worry about it in my head . This place is getting worse by the day, especially L.A. it’s a shithole . Newscum and Gay Garshitty have destroyed this place in the last 7 years to the point that people are leaving and the homelessness problem is out of control. That’s why I don’t feel bad about getting away with smog. Our tax dollars are going to the lazy, the criminals , and the unions .

MotoCam360

city is a shithole.....are you sure you're not talking about Seattle and Portland? The homeless are running rampant, while officials try to figure out how to let them legally do more hard drugs...... it's crazy!!

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
city is a shithole.....are you sure you're not talking about Seattle and Portland? The homeless are running rampant, while officials try to figure out how to let them legally do more hard drugs...... it's crazy!!
I rode bmx bike with buddy around Portland and yes it’s nasty. Yes I ride a bmx bike as I love em!.

no we will not live in Portland or Seattle, fk that! Vancouver or Battle Ground WA that’s where we will moving to.

Attachments

• 8749BFF9-D625-491F-A4C3-2F7CD674F616.jpeg
    8749BFF9-D625-491F-A4C3-2F7CD674F616.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 40C5C321-CCB3-4080-B117-18FB715EB855.jpeg
    40C5C321-CCB3-4080-B117-18FB715EB855.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 62613E59-B767-4649-BA8D-9230D32568AB.jpeg
    62613E59-B767-4649-BA8D-9230D32568AB.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 7
  • D1570C37-199C-41A6-8ADC-9578A1E59C3F.jpeg
    D1570C37-199C-41A6-8ADC-9578A1E59C3F.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 474F561E-9D63-4201-B724-27C841E83E49.jpeg
    474F561E-9D63-4201-B724-27C841E83E49.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Be careful guys, you never know who is listening, you might get cancelled. I have always been a big Star Wars nerd. After what Disney did to Gina I cancelled my Disney Plus subscription, fight back by cancelling back right??