Need

Sir, data master can be purchased through Mastertuner, they have directions on how exactly to purchase their software. If you click here, it will take you to the correct link for their software. Datamaster2 is their current release I believe.

An ALDL cable to USB can be found here through sportsmachines. You may want to source your own for cheaper, which should work just as well, as long as its ALDL to USB.

Please keep in mind, this is assuming you have a USB connection to your laptop. Not a serial Port connection.

If you have a serial port connection, utilize an ALDL cable to Serial.

I cannot stress this enough, please, do not try to use an adapter from serial to usb or vice versa.

Doing so, in my opinion, usually only creates more headaches as it becomes harder to connect the computer to the Sy/Ty you're working on.

The less multitudes of adaptions between the connection and computer, and I'm generalizing here, the easier the connection.

Sir, data master can be purchased through Mastertuner, they have directions on how exactly to purchase their software. If you click here, it will take you to the correct link for their software. Datamaster2 is their current release I believe.

An ALDL cable to USB can be found here through sportsmachines. You may want to source your own for cheaper, which should work just as well, as long as its ALDL to USB.

Please keep in mind, this is assuming you have a USB connection to your laptop. Not a serial Port connection.

If you have a serial port connection, utilize an ALDL cable to Serial.

I cannot stress this enough, please, do not try to use an adapter from serial to usb or vice versa.

Doing so, in my opinion, usually only creates more headaches as it becomes harder to connect the computer to the Sy/Ty you're working on.

The less multitudes of adaptions between the connection and computer, and I'm generalizing here, the easier the connection.
Thank you for this information. I've been trying for hours to find out cable/data logger info!!! My God do they make it difficult to find information on these things! Once again, thank you!