Racing!

WyoSyclone

Re: Racing!

Sorry if I missed it... will we be able to register at the hotel thursday or friday, to race?

Last edited:

rodent

Are we going to get 40 racers? I am thinking of running my SRT-4 also. Trying to find someone to drive it up to Bandimere.
We should be VERY close. Waiting to hear back from Pat to see how many he collected for but we are about 35 racers. If for some reason we are short, I will be footing the bill to make sure this happens. We may have some people pay at the gate but they won't get any cash back from the sponsor. If you want to bring out your SRT-4 and race it that would be cool!

Sorry if I missed it... will we be able to register at the hotel thursday or friday, to race?
I'm not sure about the hotel but registering to race is still open. For racing you just send a paypal to shawn@coloradotrackday.com. $83 is the fee.

Briank

We should be VERY close. Waiting to hear back from Pat to see how many he collected for but we are about 35 racers. If for some reason we are short, I will be footing the bill to make sure this happens. We may have some people pay at the gate but they won't get any cash back from the sponsor. If you want to bring out your SRT-4 and race it that would be cool!

Just paid for my SRT-4. It's going to be a fun day running both.

rodent

Just paid for my SRT-4. It's going to be a fun day running both.
Got your payment Brian. Thanks.

Met with Pat today and he was only able to collect for 3 racers. 6 other racers will pay that day at the gate along with others.

1. Mike W. (mikew) - '92 Typhoon
2. Jerry R. (powercat6) - '92 Typhoon
3. Joe T. (88GTZ) - '91 Syclone
4. Garrison S. (eviltwin) - '91 Syclone
5. Garrison S. (xb9rumble) - '92 Typhoon
6. Brian N. (stuckinUT) - '91 Syclone
7. Rodney B. (Tyrodd) - '93 Typhoon
8. Rodney B. (Tyrodd) - '96 Impala
9. John F. (BullySyclone) - '91 Syclone
10. Nick R. - '05 Lotus Elise
11. Peter A. (Peter) -93 Typhoon
12. Brian K. (BrianK) - '91 Syclone
13. Brian K. (BrianK) - '04 SRT4 Neon
14. Pat M. -* AC Cobra
15. Justin C. - '06 ZX10
16. Mike J. - '04 GTO
17. Tyler W. - '08 Jeep SRT8
18. Jason S. - '01 Corvette Z06
19. Mike P. - '05 GTO
20. Todd S. '01 Corvette
21. Mike S. - '02 Camaro
22. Clark C. - '94 Firebird
23. Lloyd S. -'06 Corvette Z06
24. Bill C. -'69 SS Camaro
25. Mark K. -'87 Buick Grand National
26. Rob D. -'69 Mustang Mach 1
27. Shawn S. - '05 Evo 8

rodent

We got another SyTy member that paid today. Jim S, 92 Typhoon. So we're up to 28 racers. Again, thanks for all the people that prepaid for racing. Makes my job much easier when I have to give the track $3200 today!

Anyone else racing???

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.

We got another SyTy member that paid today. Jim S, 92 Typhoon. So we're up to 28 racers. Again, thanks for all the people that prepaid for racing. Makes my job much easier when I have to give the track $3200 today!

Anyone else racing???

Hey Shawn, I'm still waiting to hear back from another sponsor. I'll give them a ring today and see if they've made any sort of decision. :tup:

rodent

Up to 35 racers! :)

1. Mike W. (mikew) - '92 Typhoon
2. Jerry R. (powercat6) - '92 Typhoon
3. Joe T. (88GTZ) - '91 Syclone
4. Garrison S. (eviltwin) - '91 Syclone
5. Garrison S. (xb9rumble) - '92 Typhoon
6. Brian N. (stuckinUT) - '91 Syclone
7. Rodney B. (Tyrodd) - '93 Typhoon
8. Rodney B. (Tyrodd) - '96 Impala
9. John F. (BullySyclone) - '91 Syclone
10. Nick R. - '05 Lotus Elise
11. Peter A. (Peter) -93 Typhoon
12. Brian K. (BrianK) - '91 Syclone
13. Brian K. (BrianK) - '04 SRT4 Neon
14. Jim S. - '92 Typoon
15. Pat M. -* AC Cobra
16. Justin C. - '06 ZX10
17. Mike J. - '04 GTO
18. Tyler W. - '08 Jeep SRT8
19. Jason S. - '01 Corvette Z06
20. Mike P. - '05 GTO
21. Todd S. '01 Corvette
22. Mike S. - '02 Camaro
23. Clark C. - '94 Firebird
24. Lloyd S. -'06 Corvette Z06
25. Bill C. -'69 SS Camaro
26. Mark K. -'87 Buick Grand National
27. Rob D. -'69 Mustang Mach 1
28. Linda A. - '71 Chevelle
29. Ed A. - '70 Chevelle
30. Clint B. - TBA
31. Clint B. - TBA
32. Brian W. - '73 Plymouth Duster
33. Paul B. - '71 Chevelle SS
34. Brendan D. -'99 Camaro SS
35. Shawn S. - '05 Evo 8

Anyone else racing thats not on the list???

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.

Just another quick note! We officially have Track Day (weather permitting) :lol: !!!

Also, if you were on the fence about racing, having the track official, you can now pay at the gate on Friday if you want to race.

Big props to Shawn for pulling things together! Because of his sponsors and diligent work, the first 40 racers will get $10 back on Race day, making it $70 to race for the first 40 signed up...

5 spots open, get on the list!

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.

Hey guys, I will try and announce this tomorrow as well...

Since we are a private track rental, we will "have the run of the place." Meaning, we will be able to park all SyTys together in the staging area above the track, regardless of whether or not you are racing. We have a photographer coming too, so we'll try and get a group shot at the track.

On a more serious note: This is a private track rental, and while Bandimere will be full staffed, it won't be Racing Event Staff. That means we need to do our part to make it a safe, enjoyable event. Due to past rentals, Shawn gave me one recommendation.

If you blow your motor/transmission, etc., or do anything that you are sure puts fluid on the track, don't wait until the ticket booth to try and let someone know. While we have asked for it to be staffed, we aren't guaranteed. That being said, if you put fluid on the track, try and pull over as soon as you can, so the staff knows to check the track.

Also, it's still open, so anyone who's decided they want to race, you can pay at the gate. Bandimere does helmet rentals if you can't borrow one from another racer.

Oh, and one last thing. If you can't pass tech, we will do our best to get you a refund, and it will be possible to let someone else use your tech card if they want to race.

Thanks!

rodent

Hey guys, I will try and announce this tomorrow as well...

Since we are a private track rental, we will "have the run of the place." Meaning, we will be able to park all SyTys together in the staging area above the track, regardless of whether or not you are racing. We have a photographer coming too, so we'll try and get a group shot at the track.

On a more serious note: This is a private track rental, and while Bandimere will be full staffed, it won't be Racing Event Staff. That means we need to do our part to make it a safe, enjoyable event. Due to past rentals, Shawn gave me one recommendation.

If you blow your motor/transmission, etc., or do anything that you are sure puts fluid on the track, don't wait until the ticket booth to try and let someone know. While we have asked for it to be staffed, we aren't guaranteed. That being said, if you put fluid on the track, try and pull over as soon as you can, so the staff knows to check the track.

Also, it's still open, so anyone who's decided they want to race, you can pay at the gate. Bandimere does helmet rentals if you can't borrow one from another racer.

Oh, and one last thing. If you can't pass tech, we will do our best to get you a refund, and it will be possible to let someone else use your tech card if they want to race.

Thanks!
Thanks for announcing that T Jay. There was a previous private track day last spring that someone else hosted. A diesel truck racing dumped 18 gallons of coolant all over the track and never pulled over to warn the track officials and for some reason, nobody was working the ticket booth so they kept running which led to someone hitting the wall in a AWD car. I was clear to Bandimere I wanted someone working the ticket booth. If you think you think you might be dumping fluids, just pull over on the track and they will promptly get the track cleaned up for the next racer.

I have no problems with a refund as long as we have more than 40 racers which we should have but you have to let me know ASAP.

rodent

Finished the homemade redneck awards last night.

Ran out of rods so I used a wrist pin on the last one.
awards.jpg

Made one for fastest truck but all I could find was a yellow and pink S-10 drag truck. The cool thing is you can swap it for a Syclone or Typhoon since they're on neo magnets. Best of show, fastest race car, fastest street car, fastest motorcycle and most unique is also an award along with 5 special thanks awards.

These are totally separate from the Sy Ty awards T Jay had made.

92TyLA

Finished the homemade redneck awards last night.

Ran out of rods so I used a wrist pin on the last one.
awards.jpg

Made one for fastest truck but all I could find was a yellow and pink S-10 drag truck. The cool thing is you can swap it for a Syclone or Typhoon since they're on neo magnets. Best of show, fastest race car, fastest street car, fastest motorcycle and most unique is also an award along with 5 special thanks awards.

These are totally separate from the Sy Ty awards T Jay had made.

Those look cool!!!
Nice job, now about the syty awards..pics???

The Bronze

Does the guy who does the most damage get one with a twisted rod? Or does he just make it himself once the engine I'd torn down ?

rodent

Those look cool!!!
Nice job, now about the syty awards..pics???
Thanks! T Jay will have to post a pic of the syty awards.

Does the guy who does the most damage get one with a twisted rod? Or does he just make it himself once the engine I'd torn down ?
I thought about using this as part of a trophy for most carnage but thats like kicking guy when he's already down. This came from my old DSM, 2nd day of owning it, timing belt snapped and valves went through the pistons.
badpiston.jpg

The Bronze

I thought about using this as part of a trophy for most carnage but thats like kicking guy when he's already down. This came from my old DSM, 2nd day of owning it, timing belt snapped and valves went through the pistons.
badpiston.jpg

Looks like you drove it home like that!

The Bronze

Damn interference motors!

I bought 3 nice ones with broken belts. Only replaced the valves and polished up the interference marks on the pistons. DIYers replacing water pumps was very fruitful for me. I think the new solid tensioners will be helpful!

rodent

I just wanted to say thanks for everyone that came out to race and spectate. If it wasn’t for everyone that pre-paid, I wouldn’t have been able to give Bandimere any money to hold the day. I was getting pretty nervous 2 weeks ago still be short on racers but we pulled it off with 51 racers today with many paying at the gate. I hope the track was up to par with the other tracks from previous Nats.

Shawn

Six-is-Enough

Use to do a little Boost

I just wanted to say thanks for everyone that came out to race and spectate. If it wasn’t for everyone that pre-paid, I wouldn’t have been able to give Bandimere any money to hold the day. I was getting pretty nervous 2 weeks ago still be short on racers but we pulled it off with 51 racers today with many paying at the gate. I hope the track was up to par with the other tracks from previous Nats.

Shawn

Congrats on pulling it off from a former 2 time Sy/Ty nats track liasion! :tup:

No one ever gives us respect for the job we do for Sy/Ty Nats.:lol:

JAY

Donating Member

thanks guys!! great day even thought I didnt go down the track.