rode with/drove my truck?

Jimmy

Banned
Trying to remember everyone who I whored my truck out to. I'm terrible with names.

Drove it:
Lets see,Josh drove for the WOT 3-4 shift.

Austin,Dave G,Keith? (not sure I was lit.Did you smoke all 4 through the intersection to Chipolte?),Blonde 16 yr old local kid :rotf: (yeah I suck at names.Thanks for the Taco Bell) hell I don't know who else.If you drove it I couldn't,or was just letting you get your boost on.

Rides:T Jay and his girl.Sorry aboot the whiplash and camcorder battery flying off.
Kelly with the Blue Ty.I shoulda launched at every light.CA dude who asked me every 20 seconds if I was ok to drive. "You okay man,you sure,are you okay? :haha:

Anyway I had a blast and can't wait to see everyone next year.

And BTW I offered to let Renz run my truck in the SS class at Nats,but apparently he doesn't understand English very well.

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: rode with/drove my truck?

I drove it from the Chipotle to the Hotel, and back to Chipotle. I only did 2 launches in it.

JSM

This is one thing that nationals is cool about you wouldn't understand unless you attend.

We say all year long to people on the board, don't let the shop touch or drive your truck, don't let your friends drive it, etc.

We then show up to nats and pass keys around like nothing. The trust is great. Lots of keys are left in ignitions.

Saturday night after racing, I walked up to Ryan and said "GIVE ME YOUR KEYS!". He did, instructed me to be careful if I turn off traction control, but to otherwise have a good time and beat on it. It is things like this that make nationals so fun.

Richie Rich

Hey Jimmy I'm the one that took you to Taco Bell. Yes it smoked all four through the intersection
Ok.gif
at College and Antioch. That was with a 5 to 7 psi boost launch. By the way that was one of the best parts of the NATS! I think I gave the 70 year olds in the DeVille a heart attack. I’m 28 years old with a 16 year olds enthusiasm. To say the least I’m geeked out about the NATS.

sytyguy

Moderated User

JS Manufacturing said:
We then show up to nats and pass keys around like nothing. The trust is great.

How true.....'99 Nats.....I show up and haven't met a soul from the FAST gang (or most SyTyers for that matter). Pearson sees me standing in the parking lot (w/o a truck) talking to some FAST guys (Keith and Gary, IIRC). He throws me the keys to Chromeboy and says to drive it to the car wash. I drove that truck all weekend long.

Later that weekend, he motions to me to hop in the Marlboro for the Hooters' cruise. I ripped a fart as soon as I climbed in and had a blast with him on the ride. No words to describe the generosity of most SyTyers, something you have to experience.

Hood

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3

I got 'my boost on' in Jimmy's truck. Thanks for letting me get in a boosted launch this year, because I couldn't in my Sy.

Thanks to Josh (Tooky) for ride in his Sy so I could see where I want my truck to be headed.

ZMann

vertically challenged

Brother Jimmy! I was the first to get a ride in your ty... you gave me a ride to get my car thursday. We turned some heads with a few launches.

CarbonFiber AWD

Donating Member

Dad gum it !! I KNEW I forgot something !! :rant: I wanted to ride in a 10 sec. truck before I left. K- R A P !! :squint:
Now I HAVE to make next years. ;)
...............Vinny :cool:

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box

Yup, I drove it. With you smoking and drinking a beer in the back seat. That thing is fast, and that was with 4 people and only running 13-14 PSI. Sweet truck, and thanks again :tup:

Jimmy said:
CA dude who asked me every 20 seconds if I was ok to drive. "You okay man,you sure,are you okay? :haha:

You know you're faded when you jump in the Ty with Jimmy at 1am to go get some smokes....... :rotf: :drinking:

JustBeachin

Plays well with others

hiwinds said:
You know you're faded when you jump in the Ty with Jimmy at 1am to go get some smokes....... :rotf: :drinking:

He lives!!! SoCal OG'er is back!

:tup:

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.

You took me for a few WOT blasts on the roads around KCIR, was helping you check yo shit with TunerPro :cool:

Syclone Rob

Its all ABOOT the SYTY eh

I can agree that alot of SyTy'ers are great group of people. For example, I met Marty at Woodward dream cruise in 2000 then again at SyTy nats in '02.
He had his marlboro there. Shooting the shit with it.. Now being the 2nd time seeing abunch of sytys (first time being woodward 2000 pics: http://www.robbiet.no-ip.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=463)
Marty asks if I have ever sat in a Syty or even driven one for that matter. SInce I have never sat in one or driven one, he passes the keys and lets me take it around the lot.... Man I was smiling ear to ear. First syty I get to ever drive is a Rare Marlboro... (here are some pics of that first drive at Nats '02
http://www.robbiet.no-ip.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=3554)

Thanks again Marty. :tup:

Rob

CAMSTY

SyTy Obsessed

Jimmy, I think I was in the parking lot for a whole 4 minute Thursday night before you threw the keys at me.

Jimmy

Banned

CAMSTY said:
Jimmy, I think I was in the parking lot for a whole 4 minute Thursday night before you threw the keys at me.
Sweet.IMO you are one of the baddest ****ers on the planet Cam.Great to meet you and I can't believe you drove that far,eh?

Captain Morgan

Moderated User

CAMSTY said:
damn man, I was wondering if/when you were gonna make it home safe!!! I was about to send out a search party :lol:

Glad youre home safe, I assume no problems on the way back?

CAMSTY

SyTy Obsessed

Jimmy said:
Sweet.IMO you are one of the baddest ****ers on the planet Cam.Great to meet you and I can't believe you drove that far,eh?
Thanks, Jimmy :lol: I still can't believe I convinced myself to do it alone. Next time I'll have a co-pilot for sure, Sunday I was so dead tired I made it twenty miles down the road from the Double Tree and could have fell asleep but still managed to drive 14hrs before pulling over for a sleep.

Captain Morgan said:
damn man, I was wondering if/when you were gonna make it home safe!!! I was about to send out a search party

Glad youre home safe, I assume no problems on the way back?
lol, Yeah I made it! No real problems, but I'll give the truck a full service anyways.

natsforever

Jimmy, one of the things I will always remember about Nats 06', 2am boost launches in the parking lot. I was a little lite headed, so that first one scared me a little. The second one, not so much. Maybe by the second one, I knew you could get stopped before we ran out of parking lot.

Jimmy

Banned

natsforever said:
Jimmy, one of the things I will always remember about Nats 06', 2am boost launches in the parking lot. I was a little lite headed, so that first one scared me a little. The second one, not so much. Maybe by the second one, I knew you could get stopped before we ran out of parking lot.
:shocked!: :woot: :rock: :syty: