Syclone 934 Restoration

WyoSyclone

Awesome build! Don't know how I missed it back when you started the thread. That flange adapter is exactly what I was looking for...you could go to market with that, but probably not out of inconel. Great job (y)

djsy934

Wish I had the time, money, shop, equipment, etc. to do something like this. Beautiful work!

Thank you

The shop,equipment, etc= no problem

The time and $$ = problems (rarely have both at the same time) that's why I've been working on this for 10 years, though this year I'm making a lot of progress

djsy934

Awesome build! Don't know how I missed it back when you started the thread. That flange adapter is exactly what I was looking for...you could go to market with that, but probably not out of inconel. Great job (y)

Thank you Wyo

I hope it works as good as planned, its real tight and i'm gonna need to put a tight 90 for the waste gate or it will hit the frame, not the optimum flow, hope not to get turbo chatter. It's about the best we can do with stock manifolds. I just ordered the mandrel bends for the waste gate and down pipe

djsy934

Dual Racetronix 255 pumps
EFI connections billet timing cover with crank and cam sensor to run coil packs with the Holley Terminator X
The billet timing cover would not accept any aftermarket timing pointer so I had to make my own.
Pointer not 100% necessary, but nice to have.

Attachments

• Dual Pumps 002.jpg
    Dual Pumps 002.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Dual Pumps 003.jpg
    Dual Pumps 003.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 33
  • pointer 002.jpg
    pointer 002.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 32
  • pointer 004.jpg
    pointer 004.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 32
  • pointer 005.jpg
    pointer 005.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 29

proptop

Donating Member
djsy934,
Did you modify the Y-block/install that fitting or is that how they come now? Nice build you got going there.
Bob

djsy934

djsy934,
Did you modify the Y-block/install that fitting or is that how they come now? Nice build you got going there.
Bob

Didn't have to modify the Y-block but did have to modify the fitting. In pic 009 you'll see 2 fittings that Racetronix wanted me to attach together which made it too long and ended up in the bend of the pickup tube, in pic 008 you can see that I machined the OD taper off and machined an ID taper to match the other fitting.

Attachments

• Dual Pumps 008.jpg
    Dual Pumps 008.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 15
  • racetronix 009.jpg
    racetronix 009.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

proptop

Donating Member
Mine didn't work either when it was sent and I didn't get the option to use the fittings. Next time I talk to Jack I am going to chew his ARSSSSS out. Just kidding they are nice guys over/up there. Nice correction on the problem. Does E85 effect the no anodized alum?
Bob

djsy934

Mine didn't work either when it was sent and I didn't get the option to use the fittings. Next time I talk to Jack I am going to chew his ARSSSSS out. Just kidding they are nice guys over/up there. Nice correction on the problem. Does E85 effect the no anodized alum?
Bob

E85 is non-corrosive and does not affect aluminum fuel system components
Ya, Jack is a nice guy, I showed him what I had to do, got no response back though.

djsy934

They should make it the way you did. I would buy one and change mine back out. LoL!!!!!!!!!

Send me a fitting and I'll modify it for you, it's no big deal.

Another issue I found with Jacks setup was adapting to the stock fuel rail, he sold me a modified fitting with a rubber seal washer and another flat washer which is needed because of thread depth. The seal washer is to seal on a non machined surface on the fuel rail and there is nothing sealing the washer to the fitting. I'm not comfortable with this, fuel leak = fire. So I will be making billet fuel rails.
I am not bashing Jack, he's a great guy, just things I'm not comfortable with and if others are doing it, they may want to take a closer look.
See pics to see what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Dual Pumps 014.jpg
    Dual Pumps 014.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Dual Pumps 013.jpg
    Dual Pumps 013.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 28

proptop

Donating Member
I used an Earls fitting I believe for that connection because I already had installed steel braided lines on my truck. The other that needs to be looked at is their fittings on an Accufab pressure regulator. The depth is not deep enough for his fittings so I corrected that issue with an old Kirban's unit from a Buick GN. Bottom line is for the audience (IS TO CHECK EVERYTHING).
Bob

djsy934

Just about got my downpipe and wastegate done, just need to weld a couple O2 bungs and wrap it.
3" SS mandrel bends.
All welds purged.

Attachments

• Downpipe 005.jpg
    Downpipe 005.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Downpipe 002.jpg
    Downpipe 002.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Downpipe 007.jpg
    Downpipe 007.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Downpipe 011.jpg
    Downpipe 011.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Downpipe 008.jpg
    Downpipe 008.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 31

djsy934

98-02 Camaro LS1 brake upgrade, thank you Mike Renz for the cad files for the fronts, it was a huge help!

Fronts:

Attachments

• Brakes 028.jpg
    Brakes 028.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Brakes 007.jpg
    Brakes 007.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Brakes 009.jpg
    Brakes 009.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Brakes 013.jpg
    Brakes 013.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Brakes 017.jpg
    Brakes 017.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 17

djsy934

More of the fronts

Attachments

• Brakes 041.jpg
    Brakes 041.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Brakes 036.jpg
    Brakes 036.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Brakes 039.jpg
    Brakes 039.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 22

djsy934

Got my fuel rails made, designed them so it could cross over in front of the T-Stat.
They are 1 piece solid aluminum, the mount tabs are NOT bolted on aluminum angle.
Sending mine and another set out for hard black anodize then I'll engrave through the anodize to expose the aluminum.
I also have 2 other sets not anodized.
I'll post more pics once there done and installed.

Attachments

• fuel rails 006.jpg
    fuel rails 006.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 27
  • fuel rails 005.jpg
    fuel rails 005.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 28
  • fuel rails 003.jpg
    fuel rails 003.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 26
  • fuel rails 007.jpg
    fuel rails 007.jpg