Syclone factory fuel injectors.

Dan B

I don't have the experience of actually turning the wick up on these trucks & seeing if the injectors can keep up, but applying some math to your question tells us that there s not much wiggle room, I'm a fan of properly matched injector sizing vs guessing at a number & only using 50% of an injectors rating. Bigger isn't always better.

Using a bsfc in the middle of the range of .55 - .65 for turbo engines, the advertised hp rating of 280 & an all in 100% duty cycle rating:

(280hp * .6 bsfc) ÷ (6 injectors * 100% duty cycle) = 28 lb injectors.

Bump the hp rating up a little or adjust for a little duty cycle safety factor and your quickly at 30 lb injector requirement, someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think stock injectors = 30 lbs.

Last edited:

Sy 0145

I don't have the experience of actually turning the wick up on these trucks & seeing if the injectors can keep up, but applying some math to your question tells us that there s not much wiggle room, I'm a fan of properly matched injector sizing vs guessing at a number & only using 50% of an injectors rating. Bigger isn't always better.

Using a bsfc in the middle of the range of .55 - .65 for turbo engines, the advertised hp rating of 280 & an all in 100% duty cycle rating:

(280hp * .6 bsfc) ÷ (6 injectors * 100% duty cycle) = 28 lb injectors.

Bump the hp rating up a little or adjust for a little duty cycle safety factor and your quickly at 30 lb injector requirement, someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think stock injectors = 30 lbs.
Ok. Thanks. I'm running 25psi of boost and factory injectors and thinking I'm running out of fuel on the top end in the 1/8. I think that's why truck just won't run any faster. I'm installing 60lb. Siemens injectors and matching turbo tweek chip this coming weekend. I think that will make a big difference.