SyTy parts compatility

SY2455

70's Veteran
Re: SyTy parts compatility

According to GM Parts Direct.com the converter is only use on the SY/TY and carry a part # of 08691915. I had heard that the converter was from the Corvette. I have my contact with GM checking on this and will post the results on Thursday.

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3

SY2455 said:
According to GM Parts Direct.com the converter is only use on the SY/TY and carry a part # of 08691915. I had heard that the converter was from the Corvette. I have my contact with GM checking on this and will post the results on Thursday.

The TC definately isn't Corvette. The older 84-86 Vette TC is higher stall for SyTy (it would be a good upgrade for most stockish trucks) The 87 and later Corvette rated stall is at 1397rpm.

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3

MHST Guy said:
:lol: I was just searching for that :tup:

Isn't there some V8 Camaro or similar too?

The F-bodies & Corvette use a 730/727 ECM that is simillair to the 749, and can be used with 749 ECM code if you re-pin the connectors.

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3

Sorry I am all over the place, but this is what I can rememeber. I am sure their are few little things I missed.

The tranmission include most of the corvette upgrades with a unique valve body, seperator plate, govenor, & output shaft.

The engine includes nodular main caps as well.

Turbo Oil lines & Coolant lines.

The Black GMC letter in availble 92 are unique as are the door handle escutcheons

I think the front shocks are unique as well.

ABS

Crossover is unique as are all air intake connection hoses.

The Coolant overflow flow has another connection for IC. I think the heater to radiator metal section and S- hose are unique. Battery tray is slightly different. The front wiring harness for fog lights, battery cables are also unique.

Black Knight

I Glow Therefore I am

dgoodhue said:
Sorry I am all over the place, but this is what I can rememeber. I am sure their are few little things I missed.

The tranmission include most of the corvette upgrades with a unique valve body, seperator plate, govenor, & output shaft.

The engine includes nodular main caps as well.

Turbo Oil lines & Coolant lines.

The Black GMC letter in availble 92 are unique as are the door handle escutcheons

I think the front shocks are unique as well.

ABS

Crossover is unique as are all air intake connection hoses.

The Coolant overflow flow has another connection for IC. I think the heater to radiator metal section and S- hose are unique. Battery tray is slightly different. The front wiring harness for fog lights, battery cables are also unique.

I think you might be wrong about a couple things Dave. I will have to double check, but I was working on a '93 or '94 blazer a couple days ago and I swear it had our ABS unit as well as our fog lights. It was a higher end model that had all the options.

Where is the battery tray different?

Not trying to argue with you Dave, just want the info to be 100% accurate ;)

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3

Black Knight said:
I think you might be wrong about a couple things Dave. I will have to double check, but I was working on a '93 or '94 blazer a couple days ago and I swear it had our ABS unit as well as our fog lights. It was a higher end model that had all the options.

Where is the battery tray different?

The fog lights them selves are definately not unique, but I think the harness is. I could be wrong on that one.

I am pretty sure our ABS is different than the rest of the S Series. They were recalled ours wasn't :roll: The battery tray is slightly different by the corner near the Turbo (more clearance). I didn't realize the difference until I put two of them next to each other.

ShuggsRR

Donating Member

Man this is a good thread.

So why would the Ty battery tray be different than any other Jimmy's tray?

ShuggsRR

Donating Member

Ok let me rephrase that question to make you happy. Figured it didnt need an explaination...

So why would the SyTy battery tray be different than any other Sonoma/ Jimmy's tray?

warmpancakes

ShuggsRR said:
Ok let me rephrase that question to make you happy. Figured it didnt need an explaination...

So why would the SyTy battery tray be different than any other Sonoma/ Jimmy's tray?

syclone has provisions for mounting the Vac ball

ShuggsRR

Donating Member

hehe Ok gotcha... That makes more sense

Are the bumper supports the same as S10? the sure do look the same.

jjorgensen52

NHSTE - I'm the only one!

ShuggsRR said:

I haven't checked them, but I agree they do look the same. I have a pair but never put them back on because the bumper is a one piece glass part and doesn't need them

Are the camber wedges SyTy specific?

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3

ShuggsRR said:

No, the brackets that attach to the frame are different (both front & rear).

ShuggsRR

Donating Member

dgoodhue said:
No, the brackets that attach to the frame are different (both front & rear).

these ones are different?

100_6548a.jpg

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3

I was talking about the ones on the front of the frame. I am not sure about those ones. I image the fender extension support for the cladding are unique as well.

ShuggsRR

Donating Member

dgoodhue said:
I was talking about the ones on the front of the frame. I am not sure about those ones. I image the fender extension support for the cladding are unique as well.

Yes the fender ones are unique.

brace.jpg

MikeRenz

not stock

oh oh ...i thought of a good one. The stupid tranny to tcase adapter is not the same as the s10s. Its clocked about 11 degrees differently. No clue if the bravada is the same? prolly is though.

SY2455

70's Veteran

OK, The Torque Convertor is a SY/TY only part with the part # I listed earlier of 08691915.