Syty shops around San Antonio Tx?

Hey guys does anyone know of any shops in or around the San Antonio area that can work on my Ty? Also would like to find a tuner. I used to take my corvette to Corey over at Henderson Performance and I know he has worked on a few syty's. Anybody here ever gone to him?

Thanks,
Alex

jharrison

Re: Syty shops around San Antonio Tx?

I haven't had any luck here in town. Most of the shops are willing to tune if you have an aftermarket stand-alone system, but won't touch the PROM type we have. Also, I haven' found a local 4 wheel dyno either. Are you in San Antonio? I haven't found any SyTy'ers yet, I was beginning to think I was the only one.

Yeah I'm in SA. I am more than positive than Corey @ Henderson Performance has a awd dyno.
www.hendersonperformance.com
I don't know of any other syty'ers either. I just bought my typhoon a couple months ago and just trying to get it going. I would rather pay someone to do the work though and clean up the engine bay a bit.

Jimmy

Banned

There is only like maybe 3 shops in the world I'd let work on my shit.They are in NY,IL and Canada.

jharrison

There is a lot of truth to what Jimmy said. I know I can count all the shops on one hand that I would trust my truck to, and probably still have a few fingers left. So far I have done all the work myself, but purchased the parts from reputable shops that are part of the SyTy community. In the end, the bottom line is that no one will take care of your truck the way you do. I have found that out the hard way numerous times.

Tuning aside, what does your truck need to get going?

Sy1566

I don't know any shops inTexas, but piggy-backing on what Jimmy said, most of the monsters I've had to chase in my truck have been caused by "reputable shops". I now research here, ask questions, learn how others resolved similar issues, and then do the work myself. Good luck.

Yeah I know what you guys mean. The truck does not need a whole lot to get going. Its been sitting for 7 years and just replacing small things here and there. Major issues are the upper control arm bushings are broken. Exhaust needs to be finished. Transmission might need a rebuild. Previous owner said he thinks that the "clam shell" was going bad. I figure I might as well rebuild it so I know everything is good with it. I also want to clean up the engine bay. There are vacuum lines and random ground wires everywhere!

i8av8

Donating Member

i have been looking for a shop for a couple of years now and still haven't found anyone. i keep hearing about henderson, also. i am almost to the point where i may just have to trailer it out of town/state to get it done right.

i can't figure any of it out myself so it will need to go to a shop somewhere.

good luck finding one

gnnorthwest

PNW SyTy Headquarters

It sounds like we need to open up another shop for you guys in the great state of Texas. :)

In the meantime, we're always available up here in the Northwest...

It sounds like we need to open up another shop for you guys in the great state of Texas. :)

In the meantime, we're always available up here in the Northwest...

I say business would be good, being the only syty shop in Texas haha.

0966Sy

Code what?
I am a ASE master tech. I've done ALOT of side work on SYTY's. I stay pretty busy but if you are willing to bring it to Conroe north of Houston I'd look at it for you and come up with a bid for what you want done. I can dial in the truck but can not custom tune your stock ECM chip. I can tune big stuff 3. PM me and I can give you my # if your interested. I frequent this Austin and San Antonio area often also.

Jimmy

Banned

For the V6 there is Nolan in Canada and Sportmachines in NY.

Local guys are pretty good too,for tuning,knowledge.

I am a ASE master tech. I've done ALOT of side work on SYTY's. I stay pretty busy but if you are willing to bring it to Conroe north of Houston I'd look at it for you and come up with a bid for what you want done. I can dial in the truck but can not custom tune your stock ECM chip. I can tune big stuff 3. PM me and I can give you my # if your interested. I frequent this Austin and San Antonio area often also.

I will definitely be looking into giving you a call. Going to buy a couple more parts though. Right now one of the problems is how long it takes to get started. Takes a few starts for the computer to figure out what is going on and stay running with a good idle.

corey at henderson performance can tune your truck. he has tuned many older vehicles. his AWD dyno is still there, but it's for sale. no bites for over a year though, so i think you're safe.

budmann2002

hey is that the same shop that has the liquor store next to it right there off of river road

budmann2002

ive always wanted to stop by there and just talk to the guys to see what they are about. i usually see a couple of stangs and vettes there in front or at the back door. may give them a shout either today or tomorrow if they are there. will let you know what they tell me

budmann2002

Ok So I Just Stopped By There At Lunch Cuz Thats The Only Time I Have. Ech Pull Is $60 And Is Usually Bout 2 Pulls To Get A Good BaseLine. Sat By Apointment Only. Can Tune For Extra, All Depends On What U WanT Done.