Tuning Help Please

BlackTyphoon213

Hello,

I'm sad to say that my Typhoon has been down for about ten years now. I'd like to get her back on the road again. I've been having issues getting a proper tune in it. I've gone the Code 59 route, but still haven't found a proper tune after being sent multiple BIN's to start from. I know there is something other than the Tune that is wrong with it. The mods I've done is a Wideband 02, 60# injectors, Vortec Heads, Comp Cams 212, AFPR. The turbo and bottom end are stock but have 5k on a fresh rebuild.

Where I'm stuck is the Tuning portion. Is there anyone in the MN area that can show me what I'm missing? I have TunerPro RT, and the moates adapter. Please help me get her back on the road again! Obviously I'm willing to pay for any services rendered.

Thanks,
Andrew

Aeroking

e.i.
Re: Tuning Help Please

are you looking for tuning advice? or are you looking for someone to tune it for you?

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD

Dig was from mn I believe. He is one of the master minds behind code59. Haven't seen him on here in many years though.

IGottaSy

Go TT chip and get the E85 tune as secondary programming. Your 60# will suffice.

BlackTyphoon213

I got a chip from Turbo Tweak and it runs extremely rich no matter what tune or chip I put in it thus far. It's not the coolant temp sensor, or any other sensor that I can figure as I've replaced just about everything.

BlackTyphoon213

He was/might still be in MN and I've contacted him, but he basically sent me to the code59.org website as he doesn't tune vehicles for people anymore from what he told me. Why I'm not sure as I'd gladly pay him to get it right.

syclone3

What about the map sensor? Is it a GM or comparable 3 bar or stock 2 bar? And is the 02 sensor newer and functioning?

BlackTyphoon213

MAP sensor was replaced with a Delphi 3 bar, and the 02 sensor that came with the PLX wideband has maybe 20 miles on it. In tunerpro it does change from 10.x AFR to 11.2-11.4 when I adjust the pulse width, but once I hit those numbers it kills the truck. I'm thinking it's not the tune at this point as it's running extremely rich which is why I started another post about that in a different section. I've replaced the MAP sensor (twice), plugs, wires, the AFPR is new, new coolant temp sensor, basically anything that I thought would make it run too rich. I'm out of ideas currently. Once again any information would be greatly appreciated.