Turbo 3800 blazer

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.
Re: Turbo 3800 blazer

Listening to the surprise in the crowd's voice is quite fun as well. Never mind LS swaps, seems we should all be putting 3.8L motors in :D

BMFB

Not to scale

holy shit i just saw this. I did terrible right there too. I wasn't ready to leave at all, no launch and i left way late. I came around him at the end but I still looked like an idiot. I was later told that I ran the fastest 'non dodge' time of the day (day super sponsored by dodge).

I am friends with the guy in the blue dodge that almost won, he was so sad after that last race.

BMFB

Not to scale

I haven't updated that in a bit.

I blew a headgasket saturday at the track. I think it was the same cylinder as last time, but I am not yet sure. It did it at the same place on the track as well, maybe running it too lean, or the injector is clogged/tapped out. afr's were in the 12.5's.

but, it did ok.
9.9_zpspychss3y.jpg

I did a street tire shootout thing a while ago here locally. I was running a set of all seasons on corvette salad shooters. The truck did well, and I ended up winning, taking out a turbo C6, a GT500, and a hell cat. All were on good tires and the GT500 gave me a hell of a good run.

I have a Mazda that I built for roadracing.
received_10208805138901233_zpsg1browzl.jpeg

Unfortunately I ruined the clutch due to negligence on my part during a race. for the next race I didn't have enough time to repair it and get it back together so I ended up taking the truck to a track in chicago called Autobahn.

13558837_1811855012381591_6564183145246322723_o_zpsrdi987sj.jpg

Truck did really well. I added an oil cooler for this event and I believe it actually helped. there was a very measurable increase in oil pressure after prolonged flogging of the motor, and everything lived. I didn't push it as hard as I could have, but after getting some seat time in it my times were comparable to the S2000 guys I was there with.

BMFB

Not to scale

I figured out i wad running too hot of a plug. I actually don't recall what plug in went too, I'll have to look. I was getting ready to go to a local strip and the night before I did a test hit on the highway. Truck felt good, and when I let off I checked my mirrors and noticed my back window was soaked. Figured I blew a trans line. Checked gauge and trans temp looked fine. Sweep over to oil pressure and it's 0. shut truck off and found my oil cooler sandwich plate blew an oring out, and had evacuated all my oil during the pull.

Put a filter on it I had in the back and got oil. Drove it home and it was fine. Next day rod knocked. I have a new motor I bought off a guy locally for 150. Working on it now.

BMFB

Not to scale
I drove this truck last like, 2 years ago and while dragracing a pack of snowmobiles my headlight wires melted. I lost headlights, running lights, brake lights and my horn. Truck sorta sat all last summer, then in the fall I was driving it around looking for Ibeams to build a jig for a tube chassis I wanted to build, and the whole exhaust fell off. I finally finished that chassis, so I get to work on other things now.

I needed a whole new headlight switch, the old one was melted bad and all the wires were sus. after digging around in my haynes manual I figured out what color wires I needed to find. First wire I found was brown, parking lights. Then I built a bracket. bracket1.jpg
bentupbracket.jpg

weldedbracket.jpg

I think it was the original headlight wire feed but I wasnt sure, but it was hot all the time and just chilling so I used it to power a new cheapo fuse block. I wired my headlights, brake lights, and interior lights to it.

wiredbracket.jpg

Ran all new wires out around under the hood, and man the lights work good.

headlightwires.jpg

I cleaned that up a bit.

I then managed to fix the radiator fan, and the trans fan. get the straps holding the tailgate back on again. and vacuum it.

also i welded the exhaust back on.

BMFB

Not to scale
exhaustattack.jpg

I drove it around one so far, and it seems ok. Its a ...loose feeling compared to the chassis car I just finished but its still quick. I wanted to have it ready for winter cause it does well in the snow and I dont like being snowed in.