TY # 1349 Restomod TT Build

AlexZ

New Member and TY owner. My Truck is in rough shape at the moment, but have big plans for this build. Going to be street driven and occasional track day, road race style beast. Currently has powder coated frame, 8 piston Brembo brakes all around, Ohlins 4 way coilover shocks, tubular control arms, Kenny Bell built motor, and Forgrline wheels. Brakes, shocks, and waste gate are from Cosworth Champcar driven by Paul Tracey !!!!!! Wheels are from a C7 Corvette. I plan on selling top end of motor, which was never fired up, as I have Nascar heads and will make the switch to twin turbo with fabricated intake and exhaust manifolds. Will also make water to air intercoolers. Undecided on gearbox, but leaning towards T56 magnum or full dog box. And the list of goodies goes on........ Alex

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
If I may. If you are referring to using "NASCAR" heads as in the bowtie's, I will caution you that nothing fits right and they are a royal pain in the ass. I ran them and had nothing but trouble. I went to Brodix heads and can't say anything bad about them.

AlexZ

Sorry for late reply. Yes. Nascar heads part # 14011053... They have a stainless 2.15" intake valve, Inconel exhaust valve, with rather large low runner ports. I am building my motor turning high RPM and about 1 bar boost or so, but capable to go higher with boost if needed. I understand they are a bit of a pain, but i will be running them.

proptop

Donating Member
Alex,
Give me a call when you get a chance if you are back in the states or have Mike give me a call as I have some concerns about the heads that you mentioned. I also uploaded a Picture or two. Are these the heads that you are using/wanting to run?
Thanks,
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_0771.jpg
    IMG_0771.jpg
    868 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0765.jpg
    IMG_0765.jpg
    916.1 KB · Views: 17

Keith Meeks

If I may. If you are referring to using "NASCAR" heads as in the bowtie's, I will caution you that nothing fits right and they are a royal pain in the ass. I ran them and had nothing but trouble. I went to Brodix heads and can't say anything bad about them.

Hey, I searched through the forums and a a lot of people praise them. I just couldn’t find specific part numbers and such. Will the Brodix heads allow you to keep your factory intake and AC? Everything bolt up okay? Which part number do you recommend most. I’ll be shooting for a streetable 600hp once I start the build. Thanks.

graham1524

I have the Brodix -8's and the intake bolted on no problem, you will want to run headers as the factory manifolds have a few issues if you try and go that route. They flow a lot and will support that kind of power easily

Hey, I searched through the forums and a a lot of people praise them. I just couldn’t find specific part numbers and such. Will the Brodix heads allow you to keep your factory intake and AC? Everything bolt up okay? Which part number do you recommend most. I’ll be shooting for a streetable 600hp once I start the build. Thanks.

Keith Meeks

I have the Brodix -8's and the intake bolted on no problem, you will want to run headers as the factory manifolds have a few issues if you try and go that route. They flow a lot and will support that kind of power easily

Awesome. Thanks for the info!!

syclone0517

Are you referring to straight or angle plug versions? What are the manifold issues? I would like to be able to run manifolds with the brodie's.

graham1524

Are you referring to straight or angle plug versions? What are the manifold issues? I would like to be able to run manifolds with the brodie's.

I ran the stock manifolds with Brodie's and I do not recommend it. They are straight plug and if you go on the registry forum I outlined what I did to make it work. Basically it will work, but you will not be able to change spark plugs, it was a nightmare.

syclone0517

I ran the stock manifolds with Brodie's and I do not recommend it. They are straight plug and if you go on the registry forum I outlined what I did to make it work. Basically it will work, but you will not be able to change spark plugs, it was a nightmare.
Ok thanks! good to know!