Upper Midwest Gathering? - Car Craft July 25-27

95xtreme

Re: Upper Midwest Gathering? - Car Craft July 25-27

its a good place for going to the car craft event. You will run into mall traffic but a couple honks of the horn and a gesture or 2 normally fix that. :lol: And at 60 dollars a night that seems fairly reasonable for the area. just my 2 cents

turbodig

natsforever said:
The Super 8 in Roseville still has rooms available. According to mapquest it's about a mile and a half from the motel to the edge of the fairgrounds and less than 2 and a half miles from any point on the fairgrounds(as the crow flys). It's about 100 yards from the Rosedale shopping center, so there should be plenty of parking, bars, and places to eat nearby. The AAA rate is $57.23 a night($62.66 w/tax). If there is a better place for more or less money, closer or further away, I'll cancel my Super 8 reservations. If everyone is staying at one motel, I'd probably stay there too. I don't know the twin cities area very well so anyone who does please chime in..

Sounds like a good one to me.... We'll list that as the "preferred" hotel.

nallj92

S.T.O.M.P.
SyTy's of Minnesota Posse'????

natsforever

Dig's right, I wouldn't want to be a member of a pusse. Maybe in one...

turbodig

Ok, I got the website up. Graphics are pretty basic until I get a chance to pretty them up.
It works, though. I'm gonna do a members section where you can upload images and do your own section eventually, but this is good enough for now.

(Side note: I need Minnesota SyTy pics for the logo/banner. If you have some, please post some links)

http://digware.lunarpages.com/mnster

I'll get a domain registered too, so the url will be simpler.

I put the basic hotel info and Car Craft Event info up as well.

Which Famous Dave's are we gonna mob?

Roseville (right on snelling, pretty easy find)

Highland Park (not too far from the Ford Plant, photo opportunity?)

Stillwater (SyTy JailBreak?)

Other ideas?

The Roseville one might be the best, since it's right near the mall and close to the Hotel.
Not a very interesting cruise route... hafta spike it up a bit. Gonna probably be packed, though on Saturday night.

QWERTYphoon

Motley Driver Award 2009

I think I will take the Friday off and go golfing that afternoon. Sounds entertaining! The area around the Har Mar mall in roseville is all tore up and under construction. (as of yesterday) Just so you guys know. I say we all meet up Friday morning and plan from there. We should see who actually shows up and who's truck is going to break down first! (probably mine)

95xtreme

how long of a cruise are you looking to do? I am very familiar with this side of town and can plan out a nice scenic trip or what ever you are looking for.

Also anyone has any problems I live 10 mins at the most from the fair grounds and will have the trailer here as well.

Also dig if you want a banner made let me know My girlfriend is a designer and can make up a few nice logos or banners to save you a little time. Just let me know what you want on there.

nallj92

we could cruise stpaul to robert street and then go to the famous daves in west st paul its a good stop light style cruise and i bet it wont be packed since its more of a suburb??

golf, i have no clue, i know theres some courses out my way ( south subs) but if anyone else knows of a course im down for that too.

dan might have some pics or brian from out meet years ago.. ill have to do some contacting....

natsforever

As far as cruising to a Famous Dave's, ANYTHING near the fairgrounds and the 5,000+ show cars is going to be packed after 6pm. That's not a bad thing because every restaurant parking lot will be like it's own little car show, but parking for a group will be out of the question--you'll be lucky to find one spot and figure on waiting an hour for your food. It wouldn't bother me if we cruised for awhile to get to a restaurant, a little ways away from the fairgrounds. I'm not against going to one of the close ones, they'll be packed but they'll be packed with lots of cool cars. :tup: or you could figure on eating later, like 9 or 10. Just my :2cents: , I'm OK with whatever.

turbodig

95xtreme said:
how long of a cruise are you looking to do? I am very familiar with this side of town and can plan out a nice scenic trip or what ever you are looking for.

Also anyone has any problems I live 10 mins at the most from the fair grounds and will have the trailer here as well.

Also dig if you want a banner made let me know My girlfriend is a designer and can make up a few nice logos or banners to save you a little time. Just let me know what you want on there.

Sounds like you just volunteered for the cruise committee. :)
Mapquest us up a route... whichever Dave's, doesn't really matter.

I've got some ideas on the banner .jpg...
If she wants to play with it, she can just right-click save the banner that's there and play around with it. I was thinking of putting teeth in the "mouth" part of the MN state map. (ie, like it's taking a big chomp out of wisconsin) Kinda fits in with the "monster" theme.

turbodig

natsforever said:
As far as cruising to a Famous Dave's, ANYTHING near the fairgrounds and the 5,000+ show cars is going to be packed after 6pm. That's not a bad thing because every restaurant parking lot will be like it's own little car show, but parking for a group will be out of the question--you'll be lucky to find one spot and figure on waiting an hour for your food. It wouldn't bother me if we cruised for awhile to get to a restaurant, a little ways away from the fairgrounds. I'm not against going to one of the close ones, they'll be packed but they'll be packed with lots of cool cars. :tup: or you could figure on eating later, like 9 or 10. Just my :2cents: , I'm OK with whatever.

I don't figure we'll get group parking at any of 'em... that time of day, most of them are pretty full.

95xtreme

turbodig said:
Sounds like you just volunteered for the cruise committee. :)
Mapquest us up a route... whichever Dave's, doesn't really matter.

I've got some ideas on the banner .jpg...
If she wants to play with it, she can just right-click save the banner that's there and play around with it. I was thinking of putting teeth in the "mouth" part of the MN state map. (ie, like it's taking a big chomp out of wisconsin) Kinda fits in with the "monster" theme.

So you all want to hit famous daves? or was that just a thought i.e. maybe a drive in place instead or what have ya? And yeah I can get something good figured out.

Also she is playing with ideas as usual if anything actually meets her standards I will have her share. :tup:

turbodig

95xtreme said:
So you all want to hit famous daves? or was that just a thought i.e. maybe a drive in place instead or what have ya? And yeah I can get something good figured out.

Also she is playing with ideas as usual if anything actually meets her standards I will have her share. :tup:

Dave's is just for the food. If you wanna have the cruise to a "cooler" place, that works too.

It's sorta become de-facto tradition that we end up at Dave's sometime when I'm down there.
Maybe we can do that Friday.

We need to finalize something by the end of this week, wherever we go.