Widow garage

Jillyd

I am taking care of our Syclone after my husband passed 4 months ago. I am detailing it and noticed it is missing the decorative bolt covers on the tonneau cover. Where can I purchase replacements?
Thanks
Jill

Attachments

• 20220108_144629.jpg
    20220108_144629.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39

Timbo

SyTy Stalker
Very nice truck. Sorry about the circumstances around it though. I agree that Sportmachines would have those snap covers or would know where to get them.

Jillyd

Very nice truck. Sorry about the circumstances around it though. I agree that Sportmachines would have those snap covers or would know where to get them.
Okay, perfect. Yes he died suddenly from covid I have this truck and a Edelbrock Supercharged Challenger. He had six motorcycles, I have all but one sold so far.

graham1524

So sorry for your loss, do you know what number truck this is (last 4 of the vin)? This community is very helpful for any needs you may have with it in the future.

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
So sorry for your loss, do you know what number truck this is (last 4 of the vin)? This community is very helpful for any needs you may have with it in the future.
SMH she scared & ran away after you asked.

You just don’t ask strangers for VIN.

Jillyd

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Jill. It's a beautiful truck. What are your plans for it? To sell as well?
Eventually, I will sell. Its on the lift now, had a friend bring it down. Put in a new battery, changing out the gas with Stabil added.

corsair231

Hi Jill,
I am very sorry for your loss. It is terrible about the circumstances that brought you to our community. I know it is a shock to the system and how much it hurts. It was three years ago last month (Jan 21) that I lost my wife after a five plus year battle with colon cancer. Time will ease the pain and you will soon find yourself picking up and going on, even on some of the days that you don't want to. As for the Sy, these are amazing trucks but not the easiest to work on and Sy specific parts are hard to come by. Thankfully yours is in one piece and apparently in good shape. I'm sure your husband would have been proud that you are taking up the torch in the garage. This community is a valuable resource for these trucks, and we are here to help if needed. We will speculate on all sorts of things and even occasionally come up with a right answer. :)

Jillyd

Hi Jill,
I am very sorry for your loss. It is terrible about the circumstances that brought you to our community. I know it is a shock to the system and how much it hurts. It was three years ago last month (Jan 21) that I lost my wife after a five plus year battle with colon cancer. Time will ease the pain and you will soon find yourself picking up and going on, even on some of the days that you don't want to. As for the Sy, these are amazing trucks but not the easiest to work on and Sy specific parts are hard to come by. Thankfully yours is in one piece and apparently in good shape. I'm sure your husband would have been proud that you are taking up the torch in the garage. This community is a valuable resource for these trucks, and we are here to help if needed. We will speculate on all sorts of things and even occasionally come up with a right answer. :)
Thank you for your kind words. It has been a lonely road with so many darks days, and I mean dark like not wanting to go on without him. I'm sorry about your loss. Colon cancer took my Dad 20 yrs ago at 64 yrs old.
Oddly, I feel a sense of family and comfort when I come to this thread. The cars (We have a supercharged Challenger, Electric car, we had 6 motorcycles) always something fun we were working on, I miss that more than life.