Side Bet: Which will be ready first - Sy 689 or Ty 0040?

Side Bet: Which will be ready first - Sy 689 or Ty 0040?

• Total voters

JuStBlAzIN

Re: Side Bet: Which will be ready first - Sy 689 or Ty 0040?

TwinTurboV8Ty said:
I was thinking this one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8669577&type=product&id=1197073928544

Best part is 5 people reviewed it. They are quite funny to read the reviews.

"Bought this TV for the bathroom and I have no regrets. I stay in the tub so long watching that my skin wrinkles and my legs fall asleep. Wife thought I was crazy for buying this (she wanted a new Escalade) but she has come around. Thinking about getting another one for the garage so I can watch Dicovery Channel while I change my oil."
Ok, someone has way to much money to be able to buy 2 of these. Let alone why are they changing their own oil at that point?

In the garage sleeping with all the high dollar cars I understand but come-on.
Them reviews are B.S., I had a customer come in to buy a 70" XBR. and we looked at all the 70"+ LCD and all were back ordered by manufacture. Customer had to wait 5 weeks to get his XBR. Those are just random people at corporate writing reviews.

turbodig

On 23 July 2008, at 7:46 PM, Syclone #689 roared to life.
Ok, it sputtered, farted, and loped, because the timing was way off, but once that was straightened out, all was well.

It even moves under it's own power.

It is, however, horribly dirty, and 4.5 years of storage wasn't exactly kind to the paint.
I'll do what I can with it, but it ain't gonna make my normal standards.

It's also got '05 registration, so it's probably gonna be absent from the cruise.

Norm?

WyoSyclone

turbodig said:
Ok, it sputtered, farted, and loped, because the timing was way off, but once that was straightened out, all was well.

It is, however, horribly dirty, and 4.5 years of storage wasn't exactly kind to the paint.

It's also got '05 registration, so it's probably gonna be absent from the cruise.

Congrats Dig! That's a big accomplishment after that many years... who are you going to get to tune it for you?? ;) ;)
.....jk :D

95xtreme

turbodig said:

Norm?

You bring it on the trailer to my place? If so we can get the buffers out and go to town. Also turtle wax makes a color wax that brought my sy back to life. Hope got his done I want to see a none rusty, actually together white ty.

Norm

Donating Member

Well Dig, you win. I have my engine kinda up and running, timing is ...not where it needs to be. I went to hook up the plx and the damn downpipe fitting is the wrong one. I can run the o2 sensor and plug the other one, but I want this thing done, so I don't have to pull anything apart in a week or two. So I started to take the down pipe out last night, going to grind out the old fitting and get the proper fitting welded in. This ty has been a real test of patience, and with the dam heat/humidity lately, talk about wanting a/c in the garage.

turbodig

Darn, was hoping you'd make it.

If it makes you feel better, there are 2 D-9 Champion spark plugs in both my downpipe bungs. And open pipes... it sounds *much* meaner than it did.

I'll have a good couple of days of fiddling around to get it "done" done.

Norm

Donating Member

I'll be at car craft, just not with the ty. It's going to suck sitting beside a 10 second nova. I'll show up and meet you guys at the sy/ty area your going to have roped off.

turbodig

Norm said:
I'll be at car craft, just not with the ty. It's going to suck sitting beside a 10 second nova. I'll show up and meet you guys at the sy/ty area your going to have roped off.

He's welcome to park by us, if he doesn't have a gang of his own.
Nice to have a little variety.

We'll have shade, coolers, and hot dogs.

Norm

Donating Member

He's got a few of his own crew, brother has a big block 72 ish mailbu, and a few of Greek's Pro Shop follower's. I'll stop by for sure, you stop by and tell those guys how quick sy/ty's are. They don't think a well tuned truck can go 12's or quicker. Maybe Lyle can take you for a ride in the Nova, no promises on that one though.

janeto72

canadian said:
what's the status on both trucks? need that before we can determine who's gonna finish first... although dig said he's got next week off. hmmmm.
Norm is a lazy ass so don't expect much from him.....

Norm

Donating Member

janeto72 said:
Norm is a lazy ass so don't expect much from him.....

at least mine is been built by me, not bought.Anybody can through money at a turn key truck( we can use you for example). Mine wasn't ready for car craft, but I still made the effort to get the ty ready, even though it wasn't , I went down to Mpls to see the other guys. Wish it wasn't so hot ther. The kid can't take the heat for a long time, so had to bail after saturday.

janeto72

Stop making excuses you lazy ass......as for me..... yep I bought a turnkey ...but i worked hard for the money.....and didn't have the time on my hands(like you do) to do a fixer upper.
All joking aside......really my Money would be on Norm to do a"qaulity" build, and if I ever make it out to the peg i would like to be the first in line for a ride.
j