'92 Typhoon in Siberia

bonesdmz

In Mother Russia Typhoon drives You!
Re: '92 Typhoon in Siberia

Will do, but I don't think I'll do it till august at least. Bimmer is some damn moneysucker :)

bonesdmz

Just returned from Thailand. I definitely think that I'm quite sure that I maybe saw a Sy there. Actually, whole country is just loaded with small pickups, but *that* one seemed to have some very specific rims. Too bad I've been in the bus and the distance was quite big.

Now for some parts!

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

No - where will you mount it? The one on the rail would need plugged and I'm not sure how this would fit.

Get the normal one from Hood Tuned or SyTy Performance.

I see that has a gauge. Are you putting gauges into the car? If you put a turbo back on it you'll need a boost gauge at least. I have my Fuel Pressure gauge in the car, not in the engine bay.

If you got billet fuel rails then this would work though I think.

bonesdmz

No - where will you mount it? The one on the rail would need plugged and I'm not sure how this would fit.

Get the normal one from Hood Tuned or SyTy Performance.

I see that has a gauge. Are you putting gauges into the car? If you put a turbo back on it you'll need a boost gauge at least. I have my Fuel Pressure gauge in the car, not in the engine bay.

If you got billet fuel rails then this would work though I think.

I tried to cheat and to save some money :) I need to buy loads of stuff for Ty and the bmw, so every 50 bucks count. New "good" ones are pricey, and this ebay one is quite cheap with loads of stuff included.

I don't mind is there's any gauge under the hood. Actually, I don't like these pillar pod gauge setups, I prefer neat stock looks.

powercat6

Don't even waste your time looking at Ebay products that have hundreds of parts in stock with too good to be true prices. All of those sellers peddle cheap Chinese junk. The seller of the fuel regulator also has a new turbo for $170 with free shipping. :roll: Last time I checked a new turbo that's actually built well costs $800 and up.

Quality made parts cost money because a skilled craftsman built it; not some random person being paid $2 per hour.

bonesdmz

Can anyone tell me if ACCEL DFI 74567 afpr bolts right on?

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

Nope.

No mounting band and it looks like it needs extra fittings. You could make I work eventually though with extra work and cost.

bonesdmz

Damn. Guess I'll have to go with Sytyperformance afpr, some $130 + $17 for tax.

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

You shouldn't pay tax as you are outside the US.

How much was the accel unit? I found them at $122. The money you save isn't worth it. SyTyPerformance is a good bet.

:tup:

bonesdmz

You shouldn't pay tax as you are outside the US.

How much was the accel unit? I found them at $122. The money you save isn't worth it. SyTyPerformance is a good bet.

:tup:

No, you have to pay for everything twice if you're outside US :D My cargo forwarder is in CA, so the tax applies.

Accel is $111 shipped in Amazon, or $115 at racetronix.
SyTyPerformance is gonna be $129 for the unit, $17 for tax, $10 for shipping. Ouch.

bonesdmz

to make you feel better....

we pay about 90$ shipping.

That $10 are US shipping, just to my cargo forwarder. To finally ship my stuff to Russia I'll have to pay another $12-15/kg. :)

bonesdmz

Damn. STPerformance was kinda bad idea. I made an order on July, 2, and paid extra for 2nd day air shipping through US. This was the only package I was waiting before I repackage all the stuff and send it home.
Some days later I asked those guys like where's my stuff, and they told me that FPRs are not in stock, and that I'll have to wait for them to get these. Why didn't they put this info on their website?
Nine days later I still don't have a tracking #.

bonesdmz

I finally got my silicone vac kit. Wow, it looks fantastic! I guess I should've gone with red :)

Another stuff I got: torsion bar mounts, couple of some crappy engine mounts (just in case), dorman's fuel sending unit, belt pulleys and windshield washer pump :) There were also Spicer u-joints, but they sent me wrong p/n :( I guess this quest is neverending.

So, I'm gonna drop the tank and install new sending unit with the Walbro pump. This should solve my fuel level gremlins. My AFPR is still in the US, so I hope it will somehow work with the stock FPR.
Vac kit is the next stop.