93 Typhoon Wht/Wht - To Part Out or Not to Part Out??

UNIsackV6

Probably been 10 years since I've posted here, old school guy for sure. I hope everyone is doing well.

I used to have a crazy 1992 Black/Black Typhoon that was a lot of fun, made tons of friends and had tons of fun. The old days were the best. I'm sure others are tired of hearing that, but being part of a community from the very get go is really awesome. I remember when there was no Board on the web, because the web was just getting started!! LOL There was a "Mail Service" where you "signed up" and everyone got to see everyone else's emails...correct me if I'm wrong old guys but that was what?? 1996?? 1997??

I parted Typhoon 1711 out over a few years and it was tough, owned her since 1994. Well, I have a Wht/Wht 93 Typhoon and she is LOADED with parts, she used to be Tom Dowd's, he was the original owner lived in Northern California and put huge money into her. Long story short I wanted a real nice daily driver so I bought her. Well as we all know that didn't go as planned. I ended up putting in a 4L80e into it and other things.

Unfortunately I "think" it is time to move on. I've been a Typhoon owner for almost 30 years!!! You can obviously either part the truck out or sell it as is. I'm not sure what is right. Just wondering what others think, especially knowing the prices of things these days.

One thing that is stopping me, picture this if you will. It's 2037 and you are a 16 year old boy and your father hands you the keys to a 1993 Typhoon with 700 HP and 800 LBS of torque, and says well young man have it and be safe!! (Truck has a full 6 point roll cage with 5 point harness belts!!) Being an already confident young man how cool would he be?? I've been trying to have a child for 23 years and it finally happened!! I would love to give him this truck, it would be beyond cool in my eyes.

I really love the SyTy Community and all the stories, it's been a big part of the almost past 30 years of my life and after dodging death twice now I can truly say I wouldn't change a thing. It's been a real blast. Much love to all. Ryno

Dorian

What's ur ask whole truck?in process 92 Ty new motor w/precision external waste gate turbo,moates ultra chip 65# 1njectors,lil brodies ported,comp pro magnum 1.6 roller rockers,custom valve covers cut down sbc, holley twin 58mm tbody ported,upper/lower intake ported,meth inj,3"fluidyne heat exchanger.freshen up 700r4 I built in 2015 when original grenaded at blue canyon,New tcase,chromoly drive lines if u part it out let me know also. Lookin for rearend,3"down pipe,cladding or?

UNIsackV6

Hey Dorian. I haven't figured out a reasonable asking price as things have gone pretty crazy with prices in the recent past.

Sounds like a nice build I hope you have fun!!

If I part it out I'll let you know. Thanks!

Probably been 10 years since I've posted here, old school guy for sure. I hope everyone is doing well.

I used to have a crazy 1992 Black/Black Typhoon that was a lot of fun, made tons of friends and had tons of fun. The old days were the best. I'm sure others are tired of hearing that, but being part of a community from the very get go is really awesome. I remember when there was no Board on the web, because the web was just getting started!! LOL There was a "Mail Service" where you "signed up" and everyone got to see everyone else's emails...correct me if I'm wrong old guys but that was what?? 1996?? 1997??

I parted Typhoon 1711 out over a few years and it was tough, owned her since 1994. Well, I have a Wht/Wht 93 Typhoon and she is LOADED with parts, she used to be Tom Dowd's, he was the original owner lived in Northern California and put huge money into her. Long story short I wanted a real nice daily driver so I bought her. Well as we all know that didn't go as planned. I ended up putting in a 4L80e into it and other things.

Unfortunately I "think" it is time to move on. I've been a Typhoon owner for almost 30 years!!! You can obviously either part the truck out or sell it as is. I'm not sure what is right. Just wondering what others think, especially knowing the prices of things these days.

One thing that is stopping me, picture this if you will. It's 2037 and you are a 16 year old boy and your father hands you the keys to a 1993 Typhoon with 700 HP and 800 LBS of torque, and says well young man have it and be safe!! (Truck has a full 6 point roll cage with 5 point harness belts!!) Being an already confident young man how cool would he be?? I've been trying to have a child for 23 years and it finally happened!! I would love to give him this truck, it would be beyond cool in my eyes.

I really love the SyTy Community and all the stories, it's been a big part of the almost past 30 years of my life and after dodging death twice now I can truly say I wouldn't change a thing. It's been a real blast. Much love to all. Ryno

If it were me, and my first car could be a Typhoon, at 16? Man, that would be sweet! I'm lucky enough to be 23 and have a Syclone in my garage. It was my dream to own one of these and I cherish every moment I get to work on it, whether its frustrating or not. My gut advice is to tell you to keep it for the kid. Worst comes to worst? You sell a Typhoon 16 years from now? Haha.

If it were me, and my first car could be a Typhoon, at 16? Man, that would be sweet! I'm lucky enough to be 23 and have a Syclone in my garage. It was my dream to own one of these and I cherish every moment I get to work on it, whether its frustrating or not. My gut advice is to tell you to keep it for the kid. Worst comes to worst? You sell a Typhoon 16 years from now? Haha.
Hey this is Tom Dowd and you have my 93 TY which is crazy. I bought her new in San Jose in 1993 and planned to do a few things to it then my 800HP fully customized 1990 Vette took a dump on me so started to build up the TY. Please reach out to me so I can give you and your son the history of the monster up until the time I sold her. I can even get you the article that was published in Street Trucks Magazine when it was raced at the Sacramento Raceway with the second motor I had put in her. My e-mail is quicktruck@yahoo.com and I live in San Jose. Hope to hear back from you and how you ended up with my baby. Tom Dowd

UNIsackV6

Hey Tom crazy to see you still here after getting rid of her so long ago, nice to hear from you again.

I'll reach out to you separately as I'd love to see anything you have. I was the one who bought it from you what back in 2008/2009??

Maybe you can buy her back?? ;-)