Countdown!!

sytyguy

Moderated User
Re: Countdown!!

Just checked and the local SCCA region has 10 pre-registered drivers for the AutoX.....history shows that number will grow a bit by the event.

The point.....we should have plenty of workers, plenty of cars to watch, plenty of instructors, and plenty of ride-alongs if you guys wanna ride shotgun in a non-SyTy.

SYO237

SyTy Registry

The point.....we should have plenty of workers, plenty of cars to watch, plenty of instructors, and plenty of ride-alongs if you guys wanna ride shotgun in a non-SyTy.

Sweet, Im bringing my new GoPro cam....maybe some of the drivers will be cool enough to strap it on their cars and get some footage :tup:

TNPhoon

1of28

T-minus 7 days until I load her up and hit the road.

T-Bone and anyone who may be going down from this area or going through Nashville and wants to attempt to caravan:

I will be heading out about 10am on Thursday morning (11/4) from Nashville.
Should probably hit Atlanta around 3pm EDT. Plan on making to Savannah/Pooler Thursday night, so may just stop and get some lunch in Atlanta for an hour or so. That would probably put us there around 7pm or so.

T-Bone

T-minus 7 days until I load her up and hit the road.

T-Bone and anyone who may be going down from this area or going through Nashville and wants to attempt to caravan:

I will be heading out about 10am on Thursday morning (11/4) from Nashville.
Should probably hit Atlanta around 3pm EDT. Plan on making to Savannah/Pooler Thursday night, so may just stop and get some lunch in Atlanta for an hour or so. That would probably put us there around 7pm or so.

Hey Bro, thanks for the offer but I will be pulling out at 0300 Friday morning, stopping in Atlanta to deliver a pair of Syclone seats around 0830 (we lose an hour) and then trucking on to Savannah, with a target arrival time of 2 PM. Wish I could join you on Thursday but I had to juggle my Friday schedule to Thursday so I could be there for the event. I will have to pull out around 3 PM Saturday to get back. I'd sure like to stay and chew the fat with everyone but at least I can be there for the significant fun ;).

sy#2716

SyTy 4 Life

Got a few things left to do on the sy. Change oil/filter, finish headliner (waiting for ashesive), and give her a good bath then she is going on the trailer ready to go.

SYO237

SyTy Registry

Welp, my Sy is driveable now but Im going to continue to tweak Code59 for the next week and get this truck closer to being dialed in.

Still have to claybar half the truck and polish out a few things in the engine bay, then load it up with 4 cases of donated gatorade, tent, skateboard, and any other misc crap I think of at the last minute.

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.

Bump for a good time!

Everybody better get their sleeping done before Thursday.

I'm stocking up on pedialyte when I get there for the mornings...ugh...:drinking:

GAShan

Donating Member

Installed sub, cleaned up system wiring, added Sirius radio for the trip. Found out windshield washer isn't working, hope it's not love bug season. Road tested about 75 miles. All is good.

Last edited:

T-Bone

Looking good Gary! :tup:

I agree; looks very sharp!! The minty white powdercoated ZR1's I have for sale would look awesome installed on that truck. There is gonna be some eye candy at the Shindig, for sure, however my Ty won't be one of them. It's designed more for action...

AutoVation

Looking good Gary! :tup:

Nice! It is bug season around here though. Bring some window cleaner and no problems.:D

My Sy is in the shop getting the coilovers, tie rods, zq8 steering box, idler arm, pitman arm, rancho stabilizer, and drivers side window motor. I pick it up tomorrow and then need to adjust the wastegate, hotwire the IC pump, install the AFPR and install a boost gauge. Just a few things to try to get done by Friday. :squint: Then it's ready for the ultimate chip. I need to read up on the instructions and see if I can get it installed by Friday also.

bdydrpds10

Yes I drive a Typhoon.

Nice! It is bug season around here though. Bring some window cleaner and no problems.:D

My Sy is in the shop getting the coilovers, tie rods, zq8 steering box, idler arm, pitman arm, rancho stabilizer, and drivers side window motor. I pick it up tomorrow and then need to adjust the wastegate, hotwire the IC pump, install the AFPR and install a boost gauge. Just a few things to try to get done by Friday. :squint: Then it's ready for the ultimate chip. I need to read up on the instructions and see if I can get it installed by Friday also.

Whoa. Sounds like you got your hands full.

T-Bone

Looks like you're gonna have a autoX machine!! ;)

AutoVation

Looks like you're gonna have a autoX machine!! ;)

"If" the wastegate gets fixed. As long as I'm better than the guys running the stock suspensions I will be happy. :) I bet there will be a few that are faster than me though. I think the stock turbo's may have an advantage on the auto-x with the tight torque convertors.

I'm looking to have a good time and learn a bit more about the SyTy's. Plan is to completely finish it by Feb/Mar next year and hit up the local auto-x's and tracks 2-3x per year.

AutoVation

Is anyone bringing datalogging software/equipment? I have a set but have not yet hooked it up to see if it works. Wanted to get the known wastegate issue fixed beforehand...

sytyguy

Moderated User

Is anyone bringing datalogging software/equipment? I have a set but have not yet hooked it up to see if it works. Wanted to get the known wastegate issue fixed beforehand...
I will have all my stuff, Adam will too, and I'm sure several others will as well. With the drag racing moved to Sat. night, this does give us ample time to tune/wrench on Friday before an entire day of racing.