Custom billet Cranks by SCAT or KINGS

digiphonic

Hi SyTy-Fsnatics!

My short story to make it fast:

1. 2nd engine rebuild with almost brandnew high performance parts
2. 471 hp on the dyno with 1.35 boost (wanna raise to 1.6) but...
3. after 400 miles the stock crank broke!!! DAMN ��

So here is my question:
How much people are interested to order a highperformance custom made billet crank from SCATCRANKS or KINGSCRANKS?

I wanna buy one but it will cost about 2.500,-- bucks but if we order about 5 to 10 pieces the price would be way cheaper!!

What do you think about this idea?
Do we find 5 to 10 people?

I will get a quote next week, so hopefully those companies will support my idea;

Here's a photo of my broken damn stock crank!

https://postimg.org/image/ysa4mazad

https://postimg.org/image/c4uvg5jqd/

Last edited:

autoaddictions

Re: Custom billet Cranks by SCAT or KINGS

You better find out if they will give you better pricing first . I have had a few made threw the years and most of them told me (Same price for 1 as 10). 2500 to 3000 be the norm. I bought
Wineburgs,Moldex,and Sonny Bryants

TURBOELKY

Damn. That sucks. The split journal crank is what makes it suck so bad. Luckily with the Buicks, cranks are readily available. $2500 for a crank I would be looking into an LS swap or something.

lil red s-10

i cant believe it broke on only 471 hp makes me sacred with mine lol what is or was your build size turbo ect

digiphonic

Damn. That sucks. The split journal crank is what makes it suck so bad. Luckily with the Buicks, cranks are readily available. $2500 for a crank I would be looking into an LS swap or something.

...so thats why i'm lookin for more people to get a better price!
I will send out an email to Scat & Kings tomorrow to see how much is the price when we order 5 or 10 cranks at the same time 👍🏻

I think we can make it a "save buy" if one of these two companies handle the deposit of each order 👌🏻

digiphonic

i cant believe it broke on only 471 hp makes me sacred with mine lol what is or was your build size turbo ect

Mike Lee's 50mm Turbo Kit wiht 3inch downpipe 3inch exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, race cat, billet rods, Je Pro pistons, custom ignition,... all finest parts

...and as i said 471hp was 1st dynorun for "checking out the setup" to get more psi and hp

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

Something was up with your build perhaps. Stock cranks have lived well beyond 600hp. 750 is the number I read on here.

They're not as weak as you think. How much are you going for?

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD

I remember when mine broke, cracked clean in half, took out 3 pistons with it.

digiphonic

I remember when mine broke, cracked clean in half, took out 3 pistons with it.

...Mike > luckily no piston or rod was damaged but now i need a billet one or a good alternative like a hardened crank...

But hopefully some people would join my idea to get a good price for a custom crank / lets wait and see

fudge1

Are you talking an odd or even fire crank. I looked at Modex many moons ago and found them to be a little unreliable. You might have to wait a long time.

Static

I have a new hardened RPM crank if someone needs it. Does not fit my early style block.