Exhaust Suggestions

ndburli

Re: Exhaust Suggestions

I'm pretty new to the turbo thing...how would I have the wastegate hole ported and who would I have do it? How much bigger would I need to have the hole ported?

bundie

If your truck is running good leave it.

chamged my stock exhaust for a 3" cat back and i had overboosting problems....... and that is with stock cat

ndburli

it has some slight hesitation and sputter as well as a little bit of skipping (diff thread-recently had a tuneup, etc). I took the exhaust down to check the cat for clogging since it is the original cat. I thought as a precaution I would go ahead and replace the cat. I want a little more noise but do not want to overboost. that is why I am trying to get a feel for my options to see what I want to do. If at all possible I want the solution to be in the exhaust for now until I decide if I want to go with a downpipe, external wastegate, etc etc.

bezerk

i had one that dumped right behind the passenger front wheel. was really quit inside, but i could trigger the alarms of other peoples car.
i would stick to a muffler

Darin

I second Forced Performance. I will be running one of thier Red 71hta turbos soon.

I've used them many times in the past during my dsm/evo days. Great company.

RealFastV6

@jb_and_his_coffee

yes you definetely need to keep your conv on a stock turboed truck. You could ditch the muffler for a little more sound. Alot of people run their trucks without mufflers on the forum. I run mine with just a aluminum straight pipe . It comes down to your sound preference...
I just wanted to say I really dig this.

Minimalist. Lightweight.

Very nice.

:tup:

ndburli

I think I am going to go this route...I may not get as much performance with a cat but I could just bring the exhaust back as a straight pipe from the cat and turn it down under the bed. I'll get some more rumble for sure! Thanks for the advice everyone!