GP: traction bars

pearl91chevy

Donating Member
Re: GP: traction bars

Little update guys

He recieved the lazer cut pieces today, will be ordering the speedway parts tomorow. Also will be welding the lazer cut peices up this week and sent to powdercoating this coming weekend.

pearl91chevy

Donating Member

you guys should be getting them anyday now if you have not already.. lt1 messaged me and said he got his and is very happy with the product. if you guys get them post up with pics!!!

pearl91chevy

Donating Member

i texted branden.. i think he might consider doing another group buy on these since i have been getting a couple messages/text about them.. if your interested in a set please post up and we'll go from there. would love to hit 10 for a group buy

92 Ty 1173

I like the design but the bent plate was the first thing I noticed. I have nuts from a spring shop which are twice as long as standard nuts which might help alleviate the problem if the spring plate is not replaced. If not, a heavy walled spacer would help also. Have you had any clearance issues? What sway bar do you have?

pearl91chevy

Donating Member

i mentioned earlier i think about changing the order of nuts on this. what i did was go from stock leaf plate to lock washers/nuts, then a washer, then the traction bar plate, then a nut and lock washer to hold that in and it spaced it decently that the plate did not bend.
i have not had any clearance issues besides going over a few massive speedbumps we got around town. i have a xtreme swaybar in the rear.. i know krupa is loving his setup and that i know of has plenty of clearance also with a swaybar

GEMELLI

The Best of Both Worlds

The bent plate thing concerns me some. I'm sure the solution is easy, but I'd like to see the solution figured out at manufacturing. With that, if these will work with a Belltech rear sway bar, I'm in. Any chance for another color for powder coating?

Sean Krupa

Look at my pictures in my thread. I'm running a Belltech sway bar with these traction bars. I also have the revised version with the extensions on the plates so the plates don't bend when you tighten the u bolts.

Norm

Donating Member

why not just use the original gm plates with ears/tabs welded onto them. That's how they are on the caltrac's I have.

GEMELLI

The Best of Both Worlds

Look at my pictures in my thread. I'm running a Belltech sway bar with these traction bars. I also have the revised version with the extensions on the plates so the plates don't bend when you tighten the u bolts.
Thank you for answering my question, but I wasn't interested in digging through the threads of the people that may or may not have installed these.

pearl91chevy

Donating Member

He said there wont be a powdercoating option this time.. I did not have a chance to reply back as to why

pearl91chevy

Donating Member

I'll get ahold of him, is there any more interest in these again? Maybe I can get him to make another 5 or 10 pairs