Homecoming 2014 Info/Itinerary

UPDATED INFORMATION AS OF 6-18-2014

A few people have asked about Homecoming 2014 so here is some basic information to satisfy the questions that have been asked.

• Date: June 20-21, 2014.
  • Registration cost: FREE
  • Hotel: The Hilton Garden Inn in Novi, Michigan. This is the same hotel as the last HC.

There is no registration cost for Homecoming 2014. As of right now, registration will include a free lunch provided by MAST, a ticket for the door prize drawing and a goodie bag. As we continue to secure more sponsors & donations, anything we can include with the registration we will.

Below is a rough itinerary of the event. The majority of the event is planned and locked in as of a month ago. There is always the chance that things will change so we will make changes as they happen and keep everyone notified.

FRIDAY:

• Check in at the Hilton for those arriving Friday. The link for online registration and full hotel information will be linked and setup for everyone soon.
  • 2:00 - 4:00 PM Private tour of the GM Heritage Center. The cost is $10 per person
  • Milan Dragway TGIF for those that want to go. Gates open at 5:00 PM. I will update this with what the cost will be for racers and spectators shortly.

SATURDAY:

• Breakfast/ Cars and Coffee: 8am - 10am @ Lingenfelter Engine Build Facility
  • 11:00AM - 2:00ish PM @ The Lingenfelter Collection. There will be no charge for those that want to show up for the show and shine and hang out outside at the collection. For those that want to tour The Lingenfetler Collection there is a $10 MINIMUM donation for admittance to the Collection. They donate the funds to local and national childrens charities.
  • Trophy presentation @ The Lingenfelter Collection
  • Raffle drawing: Full details to come as the event gets closer.
  • Lunch
  • Hang at the hotel, get cars ready for the cruise to the dinner location.
  • Dinner
  • Go Karts at JD Racing in Novi, Michigan. We will be doing a Grand Prix race package for those that wish to compete for the Homecoming Go Karting Trophy.
  • Back at the hotel to hang out.

SUNDAY:

• Breakfast for those that choose to
  • Checkout and departure

Last edited:
Re: Homecoming 2014 Info/Itinerary

UPDATE: Just added....

For those that are interested, on Saturday morning before we head over to the Lingenfelter Collection, we will be attending part of the Lingenfelter Cars & Coffee. It will be at the Lingenfelter Engine Build Facility and there will be tours available. It is a few blocks from the hotel and on the way to the Collection.

To answer a few questions about Friday. For those that are attending the Heritage Center private tour you can either meet us directly at the Heritage Center or at the hotel and convoy to the Center like we did last year. The tour is at 2:00 PM on Friday June 20th.

I just got off the phone with Ken Lingenfelter and he asked me to relay some information to our group. He has personally requested that we come out as a group to the Cars and Coffee he puts on every Saturday morning at his North Engine Build Facility in Wixom. I informed him that we did intend to attend but I would make it a point to try and get everyone out there now in as large of numbers as we could. There is no cost for it but they except donations for Gleaners Food Bank. They are taking donations in the forms of nonperishable food items and/or cash. The more donations the better. It does go to a good cause....:tup:

Syclone Rob

Its all ABOOT the SYTY eh

To answer a few questions about Friday. For those that are attending the Heritage Center private tour you can either meet us directly at the Heritage Center or at the hotel and convoy to the Center like we did last year. The tour is at 2:00 PM on Friday June 20th.

What time are you departing the hotel? I should be arriving at the hotel by noon.

"Nickel"

S-Series Syco

I think we'll be going carting here within the next 1/2 hour or so..