MAP Sensor Options

sytyguy

Moderated User
I get asked daily about where to get a MAP sensor and rather than continue to reply individually, I figured I'd put this here for all to see. Here are the known (to me) 2 & 3 bar MAP options:

GM - 3 bar - 12223861 - $84 from online dealer.
12223861.jpg

MSD - 2 bar - 2312 - $63 from Summit (LINK)
msd-2312_w.jpg

MSD - 3 bar - 2313 - $85 from Summit (LINK)
msd-2313.jpg

Autometer - 2 bar - 2247 - $80 from Summit (LINK)
ATM-2247.jpg

Autometer - 3 bar - 2249 - $77 from Summit (LINK)
ATM-2249.jpg

1A Auto - 3 bar - 1AEMP00001 - $30 from 1A Auto(LINK)
large.JPG

I know there are A LOT more (other GM sources, Accel, eBay, etc...) but these are the ones that I have had experience with. Note - I have not personally tested the Autometer ones, only know that they have worked for others before (local TTA owner and others online). If you get one of these (or any of them for that matter), make sure there is a return policy and a warranty.

Bad SIX

Re: MAP Sensor Options

I am rebuilding my truck. It has been down for quite a while, just started rebuilding it. bought a GM map sensor part number 12569241 I am assuming this is a two bar sensor it plugs right in. I have a tech one under map sensor voltage shows 2.4 volts at an idle. My book says it should be 1.1 or 1.0 used to run 18 or 19 lbs of boost do I need a three bar sensor? Any suggestions on what my rich problem is?

Static

-That is a 2 bar part number
-you need a 3 bar to run over 14.7 psi
-map sensor must match your computer chip

atkonkler

Is this your bush?

I think I bought mine from Sportmachines or hood tuned performance in the vendor section

Bad SIX

Thank you for the information, since I have put two map sensors on and both have given me the same reading, the only thing I can think of, may be that my truck, having had an interior fire may have damaged the computer and or the chip, Any suggestions where to get a computer or a chip? My prom is a pitbull for 40lbs injectors and the truck ran great when I had it running before.

Don W.

Stab it and steer it

If you're talking about a new ECM I'd just go to NAPA and get a rebuilt. Around $110 I think. And my truck did run better.

ontario026

The typhoon I just got recently that'll be getting a full go over this winter, I've started going over things, and at the moment I know if has an aftermarket chip in it, and it currently has some aftermarket brand 3 bar map sensor according to a google search of the number on it.... thoughts on aftermarket sensors vs brand name? on a new purchase/full tune up would it be smart to go with new Delco 3 bar sensor? or keep running the aftermarket one as long as it's not popping codes? once I have this thing back up and running "as it should" I will be adding a turbotweak chip, PLX wideband 02, and most likely alcohol injection at some point as well....

is the map sensor plug just a regular weather pack connector? someone in the past has broken the retaining clip off the map plug