Need to replace the worn out suspension on the typhoon

Anarchy99

Hey guys, the suspension on the typhoon has been worn out for awhile now and here soon I'd like to start getting replacement parts to rebuild all the worn out bits. I don't need the best of the best but I'd like decent stuff. Any recommendations on shocks springs and bushings, etc? Mainly a daily driver with the occasional spirited romp. Thanks guys.

Anarchy99

Re: Need to replace the worn out suspension on the typhoon

Any recommendations on shocks? There are like a hundred different ones listed when you pull up typhoon on rock auto

Static

Bilstein are good. I think Im running the Edelbrock or KYB. I dont remember. Also when I rebuilt my front end I found that my hub bearings were pretty sloppy and worn. Might check yours before you place an order.

Norm

Donating Member

Any recommendations on shocks? There are like a hundred different ones listed when you pull up typhoon on rock auto

I had rancho's, they were worn out so put in Bilsteins, They are pretty good, but want something a bit firmer.

Anarchy99

Awesome guys, thanks... I'll order the bilstein front and rear and moog pieces. Springs and it should be good to go

BigDaveZJ

Where are you guys finding Bilsteins in stock for the front? I can only find them for the rear.

Edit: Never mind, got it figured out. They just weren't showing in Summits application listing, part # I found is 24-014120 and they're available just about everywhere.

Last edited:

blue83z

Donating Member

I bought bilsteins for the front from summit just two weeks ago for my Ty. They were in stock.