New from Michigan, Syclone #2608

cw_mi

I've recently acquired #2608 , which has 11,534 miles on it. The new ownership is bittersweet, it was originally my Dad's and he recently passed. He was the second owner, purchasing it from his cousin the original owner back in the early 2000's. It had been stolen and recovered, his cousin no longer wanted it , so Dad bought it.
We spent a winter putting it back together. It was missing seats (found original Syclone seats at a swap meet), wheels and tires (bought a set of OEM's out of a really sketchy business deep in Detroit), Then had to replace some hoses and things that had been cut, we think they were about to pull the motor. Also had to repaint one side since it had been keyed. The truck also still has a clean title, and other than the steering wheel and stereo , it is bone stock.
Sadly it has been neglected for the past 4 years, just sitting in the garage. I know it hasn't been started in the last two. So, my plans to get it road worthy again will start with getting all the old gas out. Changing all rubber parts (hoses, vacuum lines, brake lines), all fluids, tires, plugs, cap and wires. Will probably dump some injector cleaner in it as well. I definitely plan on keeping it, and will drive it.

Timbo

SyTy Stalker
Sorry to hear about your dad. That is a great story though, and it's nice to have such a low-mile truck with a complete history (minus the brief period it was in the hands of criminals). There are a lot of SyTyers there in Michigan, and I'm up that way a lot myself.

Really loved reading this, I'm happy to see that you've got the Sy back. I'm sure its in Good hands with you, and I cant wait to see what it looks like after you've got it back up and running!

Dan B

A co-worker of mine father died 23 years ago, he had a syclone, it has been sitting ever since in my co workers possession, even though he hasnt done anything with it he won't part with it as it's such a great reminder of memories of his dad. I'm sorry for your loss.

Far as the injector cleaner every 10k miles I put a 20oz bottle of royal purple max clean into the gas tank of my 03 4.3 liter 91k mile gmc Sonoma, can't even tell it running while idling it's so smooth. If it's been awhile be sure to change the fuel filter after running a tank..

graham1524

A co-worker of mine father died 23 years ago, he had a syclone, it has been sitting ever since in my co workers possession, even though he hasnt done anything with it he won't part with it as it's such a great reminder of memories of his dad. I'm sorry for your loss.

Far as the injector cleaner every 10k miles I put a 20oz bottle of royal purple max clean into the gas tank of my 03 4.3 liter 91k mile gmc Sonoma, can't even tell it running while idling it's so smooth. If it's been awhile be sure to change the fuel filter after running a tank..

Can you get the last 4 of the vin so I can document it on my list of trucks?

cw_mi

Welcome!!!! Post some pics?
I don't really have any decent recent pictures, as it's still sitting in the garage in front of another vehicle I have to get running so I can sell it. Here is one from when Dad had it on the road. It's an old pic so, not good quality.

Attachments

• Dad_5.JPG
    Dad_5.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 16

Timbo

SyTy Stalker
That's funny. About 15 years ago, my friend married a girl from Washington, MI. We would drive through Romeo to get to her house, and I remember always looking for Syclones, since there was one on the registry from Romeo. Never did see it though.

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
You should keep it and fix it up & build it to honor your dad. Bet your dad wouldn’t like when you sell it, that’s curse. Bad idea.

but that’s your decision.

cw_mi

You should keep it and fix it up & build it to honor your dad. Bet your dad wouldn’t like when you sell it, that’s curse. Bad idea.

but that’s your decision.
I have absolutely no intentions of selling it. I plan on getting it road worthy and will drive it.

MICH TY

Donating Member
Sorry to hear about your Dad passing.
Sounds like you have a good plan for getting the Syclone back on the road.
I also live in the Romeo area.
I sometimes take one of my trucks to Stahl's museum on Thursday nites. Have you gone there, we may have crossed paths.

MICH TY

Donating Member
That's funny. About 15 years ago, my friend married a girl from Washington, MI. We would drive through Romeo to get to her house, and I remember always looking for Syclones, since there was one on the registry from Romeo. Never did see it though.
Timbo, That may have been me who you saw with a Sy registered in Romeo. ( I also own the Tim Allen TY.)
I'm sure we met at either a homecoming or maybe at a get-together that Wade had in Chelsea many years ago.
If I remember you are from Alaska? And have /had a Typhoon.

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
Timbo, That may have been me who you saw with a Sy registered in Romeo. ( I also own the Tim Allen TY.)
I'm sure we met at either a homecoming or maybe at a get-together that Wade had in Chelsea many years ago.
If I remember you are from Alaska? And have /had a Typhoon.
Picture of your Tim Allen Ty?