New member - found this one in NC

dotcentral

Cool site, I don't have a Sy or Ty, maybe some day. I like performance trucks, especially your GMC's.

Found this on Autotrader, not too far from me.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...50&max_price=&cardist=44&LNX=ESTAFSRCHUSDTEXT

Does the VIN checks out as legit? I wonder about the 10th character being a P. Missing cladding, wheels, anything else? Has it been rebodied? Awful lot of Blazer/Jimmy looking trim on it.

Might make a nice driver, or a project (or worse). Anyone know anything about it?

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: New member - found this one in NC

Don't think that is a Ty. Most likely a Jimmy with a Ty driveline. Wouldn't be a bad buy if you could get him down a little (assuming everything was done right)

cdezzz

the vin is a ty and shows major accident long time ago, i posted a little about it awhile back

jjorgensen52

NHSTE - I'm the only one!

my 10th digit is a P, and I can guarantee that my truck is a Ty :tup:

jjorgensen52

NHSTE - I'm the only one!

personally, I kinda like the sleeper look... I'd buy it, just to drive when I'm not using the ty... like winter time, because it hasn't got the rare body stuff to worry about... although that sort of ruins the look :roll:
I think I'd buy it if I had the cash... for maybe 3500.

QUICK STORM

B.A.M.F. BMW Tech

we already have the sleeper look. most people think we drive blazers anyway.

406sbSonomaGT

406 small block GT

mine would be a sleeper if it didnt sound like it does
and if it didnt rock every time i rev it up

NCTyphoon

I saw the ad in our local autotrader. Just reading the description alone made me think it had either been ragged out or a poor conversion. Don't think I would waste my time on it. At Autofair last year there was a black Ty conversion there. It didn't look too awful, but the ground effects, they just didn't look "right" on it.