New member looking to get back in a Typhoon

Kit352

I always regretted selling my Typoon back in the 90's so i have been looking at getting into them again. I found one thats been languishing away in MD that i am currently trying to find info on if anyone can help. Its 93 #1945. Its been sitting for at least 2 years if not longer at this point so rust and rot is a huge concern as well. Its too far for me to just pop over and see but i am strongly considering purchasing it sight unseen.
Anyways just saying hello.

Kit352

I actually just test drove the one in MD! Also a new member here, so, hello.

Did the dealership give you as many bad vibes as they did me? I didnt even make it to the test drive phase, I just walked. I knew buying from them was going to be a mistake. That truck had a lot of stories to go with it as well.

I've actually stopped really looking for a typhoon for now. I ended up buying a gt500 from that md dealers competitor. Between that, my classic mini and my spitfire I'm out of garage space. Of course if the right one pops up for a cheap price I could be tempted.

Jmuscava

Did the dealership give you as many bad vibes as they did me? I didnt even make it to the test drive phase, I just walked. I knew buying from them was going to be a mistake. That truck had a lot of stories to go with it as well.

I've actually stopped really looking for a typhoon for now. I ended up buying a gt500 from that md dealers competitor. Between that, my classic mini and my spitfire I'm out of garage space. Of course if the right one pops up for a cheap price I could be tempted.
The classic Mini sounds like a blast. But my experience with them wasn’t really that bad considering its a dealership. I never felt i was being pressured to buy anything.
The truck itself needs a bit of work, but thats to be expected for something sitting so long. Steering was loose, but not terrible. Driveshafts were tight and passed the syty forum tests. Engine is loud but doesnt sound bad. Temp stayed at 190 the whole time. Needs a respray too.
And most importantly for an east coast car, no rust.

Kit352

The mini is fun in it's own way. Tons of attention mostly. You really got to modify them to be any good though which is a shame. Even things like the door handles just break off unless you go aftermarket.

Did the dealership tell you about the original motor for it out back? I thought that was a weird thing for them to hold on to for so long. I believe they have had that truck on the lot for like 3 years or more.

Jmuscava

The mini is fun in it's own way. Tons of attention mostly. You really got to modify them to be any good though which is a shame. Even things like the door handles just break off unless you go aftermarket.

Did the dealership tell you about the original motor for it out back? I thought that was a weird thing for them to hold on to for so long. I believe they have had that truck on the lot for like 3 years or more.
No they mentioned nothing of the sort. Thats a shame. The truck belongs to the owner of the dealership. Its part of his personal collection, so that might explain that.

Kit352

Hmm. They told me it was a trade in years ago and it's been on the lot since. No one really knew much about it. In fact they were asking me if I could detail what I knew about it for them.

Are you considering buying it?

Jmuscava

Hmm. They told me it was a trade in years ago and it's been on the lot since. No one really knew much about it. In fact they were asking me if I could detail what I knew about it for them.

Are you considering buying it?
Well im in the market for one and i live close to this one. Im not looking for a daily driver as my wife and i have our own cars for that. Im on the fence. Theyd have to work on that price a bit too.

proptop

Donating Member
Kit352,
So where is this Typhoon? I am in the area and Might be able to go look at it. Not sure how much help I would be though as my idea of a good project might be different than yours. I am in Virginia just across the state line south of Waldorf Md.
Thanks,
Bob

Jmuscava

Kit352,
So where is this Typhoon? I am in the area and Might be able to go look at it. Not sure how much help I would be though as my idea of a good project might be different than yours. I am in Virginia just across the state line south of Waldorf Md.
Thanks,
Bob
Up in Pasadena at Rich Morton Mazda

proptop

Donating Member
Not sure where that is but I did contact a buddy of mine that might/will be selling a Typhoon soon. Black/Black 93 I think. Me personally would rather buy one from someone that knows what they are verses at a car lot.
Bob

Jmuscava

Not sure where that is but I did contact a buddy of mine that might/will be selling a Typhoon soon. Black/Black 93 I think. Me personally would rather buy one from someone that knows what they are verses at a car lot.
Bob
Is he in your area as well? I work in Waldorf frequently. I could always swing by after work.

proptop

Donating Member
He is not. Lives in Conn. There was a white Ty in Waldorf awhile back that was for sale not sure where that one went.
Bob

Jmuscava

Just a quick update on the red/red Ty for sale in MD. Got cash in hand and was straight up ghosted by the dealership. They have no intention of selling that truck.