New Owner 1109

Keith Meeks

I just purchased this Syclone and I am awaiting delivery. I’m in middle Georgia and this is my first turbo charged truck. I’ve been a naturally aspirated car person all my life until now. I’ve always been very interested in these trucks from the first time I saw them. I’m looking to gain a lot of information and guidance from this site and the diehard members that have put in all the hard work to get the different combinations that work on these trucks. I look forward to reviewing all the forums, and welcome any initial guidance. I’ve already purchased the cap and rotor, plugs, wires, fuel and oil filter, fluids so I can do that when the truck arrives.

Attachments

Keith Meeks

Bahahahahaha. Already have some. I have a 70 Challenger SE that’s my fun car. Lol. But I have to admit that I started reading the forum after I had brokered the deal and I was about to blackout. 😂😂. Some of the things here will scare the hell out of you. Lol. I appreciate your responding to me about filling the block. Honestly, I can’t attest to what’s been done to this Syclone that’s coming, but the guy sent me pictures of a huge mound of paperwork. I do know it underwent a complete engine rebuild at 21k. It’s a little over 53k now. I’m anxious to look it all over and see exactly where the engine is right now. I messaged the second owner and the last titled owners and they did respond. I feel good about it and I’m excited to enjoy this little hot rod. Of course, I’m sure like everyone that buys one, my ultimate goal is to build a potent combination that can be street driven with the reliability as well. Thanks again Bob!!

Keith Meeks

And upon having her cleaned up professionally I noticed a bit of antifreeze under the truck. Wasn’t running hot or anything. Noticed coolant had leaked around the inter cooler tank. Started looking at the overflow hoses at the radiator Nd the inter cooler tank. Both were cracked (keep in mind I’ve only had the truck physically for about two weeks). I wasn’t even home last week to look it over. Anyway, I traced both overflow hoses and they were attached at a Y fitting together and then ran to the overflow bottle. Just so happens this is pinched behind the battery and it’s installed out of sight under the radiator support and won’t pull in either direction from the radiator side or the overflow(because it’s so damn tight) bottle side mounted at the drivers side due to Kenne Belle air filter kit. So coolant was being forced up and into the inter cooler tank vs going to the overflow tank and pushing coolant out with nowhere to go. So I think. Well I’ll just run new hoses and replace the Y coupling to be sure it’s not bad. I loosen the clamps at the radiator (pinch clamp), and the one at the inter cooler tank was original. I loosened it by sticking a small screwdriver inside and opened it up. Started to twist the hose left and right and the damn thing broke right off. Ugh!!! To the shop she goes. I already have all the ignition, trans, and fuel filter, oil filter, ignition, plugs, distributor and wires. Anyway, just thought I’d share. No joy ride for me today.

Attachments

Keith Meeks

And upon having her cleaned up professionally I noticed a bit of antifreeze under the truck. Wasn’t running hot or anything. Noticed coolant had leaked around the inter cooler tank. Started looking at the overflow hoses at the radiator Nd the inter cooler tank. Both were cracked (keep in mind I’ve only had the truck physically for about two weeks). I wasn’t even home last week to look it over. Anyway, I traced both overflow hoses and they were attached at a Y fitting together and then ran to the overflow bottle. Just so happens this is pinched behind the battery and it’s installed out of sight under the radiator support and won’t pull in either direction from the radiator side or the overflow(because it’s so damn tight) bottle side mounted at the drivers side due to Kenne Belle air filter kit. So coolant was being forced up and into the inter cooler tank vs going to the overflow tank and pushing coolant out with nowhere to go. So I think. Well I’ll just run new hoses and replace the Y coupling to be sure it’s not bad. I loosen the clamps at the radiator (pinch clamp), and the one at the inter cooler tank was original. I loosened it by sticking a small screwdriver inside and opened it up. Started to twist the hose left and right and the damn thing broke right off. Ugh!!! To the shop she goes. I already have all the ignition, trans, and fuel filter, oil filter, ignition, plugs, distributor and wires. Anyway, just thought I’d share. No joy ride for me today.

Attachments