Noob in Norcal

kchud

Hey whats up guys ...my name is Chud and I recently picked up a 92 Typhoon ... I've always loved these cars ..."ultimate sleeper" and now gathering some info off this site ... quick question - are there any shops on the Westcoast - Norcal area that specialize on Typhoon's ? and are there any Typhoon/Syclone car shows or get togethers

Jay92Ty

Donating Member
Re: Noob in Norcal

Welcome! More NorCal folks:tup: What part of Cali? What number is your truck? Hard to find a shop or even guys that know these trucks but they're out there. As far as show or meets, well not one yet that I know of but I feel like their should be one. Probably just difficult to get most everyone on board. Would be cool and fun though. I did a cruise with some members from SolCal and it was a lot of fun. Norcal guys...lets get one going:D;)

Don W.

Stab it and steer it

Welcome! What part of NorCal you talking about? Car shows? Been to a few. Very few people even know what they're looking at. Or we don't qualify because we're too new. There is one real nice one up here on fathers day.

Depending on your location we might hook up. I'd like to see your Ty. Years ago there used to be an an occasional get-together down near San Jose. Went a few times, had a great time. But the guy who put it on sold his Sy and stopped doing it. I attempted it once at a cool location up here in Santa Rosa but couldn't get enough folks to commit.

Mine's apart right now (what else is new?) but mostly I go drag racing. Have a lot of fun at that. We could use another SyTy.

Shops? These seem to be mostly do-it-yourself rigs. There in one shop in Rohnert Park that has a tiny bit of experience making one run that wouldn't. And my trans guy is good. Personally I wouldn't pay for anything beyond an oil change, not even an air filter, and they'll probably screw that up with a mess inside the fender.

kchud

... I'm up in the Sacramento area ... looks like mine is #429 ...yeah I'm sure its tough to get everyone together especially how rare these are but just thought I would see

kchud

man ... that's to bad you couldn't get something going as far as a get together ... and Thanks for the info about shops ... I try and do things myself but I'm new to TURBO's and saw a link to sportsmachines.net in PA ... was hoping there was something like that out here ... you mention that you drag race yours ...if you take it out again to Sonoma raceway let me know

Don W.

Stab it and steer it

man ... that's to bad you couldn't get something going as far as a get together ... and Thanks for the info about shops ... I try and do things myself but I'm new to TURBO's and saw a link to sportsmachines.net in PA ... was hoping there was something like that out here ... you mention that you drag race yours ...if you take it out again to Sonoma raceway let me know
Well right now the heads are off of it. But when it's back together I'll let you know. Meantime here's a vid someone shot early this year at Sacramento. Didn't even know he was shooting it until someone told me about it. I race at Sonoma on a regular basis. We do get a few Sacramento runners on occasion. A lot of Napa drivers. It's a well run track. Check their schedule and come on down on a Wednesday. Leave early and bring layers, it gets cold when the sun goes down.

Grandpas 11 sec AWD Turbo Truck ( GMC Syclone ) - YouTube

We have family in Citrus Hights so maybe I can come by some day when we're up.

kchud

Don ... cool video & Syclone ... yeah I've been down to Wednesday nights - Sonoma a few weeks ago ...my bro...has been drag racing his 68Camero and the drifting is insane ...lets keep in touch and hopefully meet up and check out each others rides

Jay92Ty

Donating Member

kchud we'll have to get a meet going;)
Citrus Heights...thats where I found my Sy. Don, I'll have to come check you out at the strip also or just pay you a visit.:)

Friscoty

what up Kchud. what city are you in?? I'm new too the site as well but I'm in SF

kchud

im up in Rocklin ...alittle outside of Sacramento but originally from the bay area -"Daly City" actually ... currently cleaning up my Ty and gathering info where I can ... these rides are special ...but not much out there as far as parts nor shops with knowledge ... I do visit the city every couple of weeks or so for business or to visit family in South City ... Ill let you know the next time Im coming down and maybe meet up and check out your ride

Friscoty

im up in Rocklin ...alittle outside of Sacramento but originally from the bay area -"Daly City" actually ... currently cleaning up my Ty and gathering info where I can ... these rides are special ...but not much out there as far as parts nor shops with knowledge ... I do visit the city every couple of weeks or so for business or to visit family in South City ... Ill let you know the next time Im coming down and maybe meet up and check out your ride
Ooh nice. Yea I'm always I. South city and come up towards rocklin all the time on my way to Reno or just to visit Sacramento