One headlight dimmer than the other one.

Gvr4799

I just picked up my very first Typhoon. I like it alot and ofcourse with any used vehicle, you'll have small problems.

My first problem is the headlights. I have cracked headlight that didn't work so I ran up to the parts store and grabbed a brand new headlight. After installing it, the newer light was dimmer than the other light. When I turn the bright lights on it only got worse. Maybe I have the wrong bulb??

Second problem is the blower motor doesn't work. When I purchased the headlight, the employee told me about a coil/resistor..I don't remember what he said. He said there is a three prong and four prong attached to the motor that is common for going out.

Any suggestions on these problems?

Here are pics

warmpancakes

Re: One headlight dimmer than the other one.

resistor is in the heater box under hood very common, check the ground on the frame rail below translines if its dirty or loose it will make the lights do weird stuff

Gvr4799

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll get on that this afternoon.

Gvr4799

Thanks, that is a lot of help. I'm coming from Mitsubishi's and I've been doing my homework. I'll keep reading away and hopefully pick up some useful hints.

gkrcr882

SyTyless......for now!

Another thought on the headlight issue is that there are two different bulbs. If there were upgraded lights such as Silverstars or something similar, and you got a plain halogen bulb as a replacement, the normal halogen bulb will seem a bit yellow and "dimmer" than the upgraded unit. My Ty also ate a headlight switch, so it is common. Blower resistor or the motor itself happens on pretty much every car on earth, these are no exception. Be sure the ground wire above the motor is attached or it won't work.

V6 Kompressor

Regarding the blower, Check the fuse first and also the blower switch connector in the dash burns up/melts quite often with the first gen s series. I think the switch starts to go first, then takes the connector with it...