Question about stock badges

Dedrick

For the 1992 Typhoon, were there badge options where the buyer could delete/change them if desired?

Specifically, I have 2 questions:

1) If I see a Typhoon with a black GMC grill logo (which seems common) was that a stock option or is that always an aftermarket alteration?

2) Especially for 1992 it seems hit or miss whether the vehicle has side “Typhoon” decals on the doors. It does not seem to be tied to color choice although the mono-color trucks seem to always have them. If these door Typhoon decals are absent, is it possible they were never there or has some owner always removed them (such as possibly when repainting)?

This vehicle currently for sale exhibits both my questions.

EBB72F37-882B-4650-9B78-03323DD19E00.jpeg

Last edited:

Dedrick

I have already learned from another thread that 92 Typhoons started production with black grill emblems and switched to red probably between vehicle 1500 and 1600. Very interesting!

I’m still curious about question #2 above. 😁

2500avalanche

I have been around for about 12 year with my ty (also a 92, #234). I have never hear of an option where the decals were deleted. I believed they were all installed at PAS prior to delivery

Dedrick

So were the side decals just likely added by PAS at some point during ‘92 and that’s why some trucks have them and some don’t?

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Most likely if the decals are missing they were removed or the cladding has been repainted/replaced the the decals were not installed.

I like them removed better. But that is just my preference. I think most like them installed.