S10 Xtreme

TNPhoon

1of28
Nothing too overly exciting, but was heading home from work tonight and saw an s10 xtreme weaving in and out of traffic so tried to catch up with him and caught him at a light. He started revving his engine so I thought why not. Even though the Ty still needs some kinks worked out, its running pretty good.

So seated the brakes and waited for the light to turn green. As the light for cross traffic turned yellow he started giving it some gas and started inching up. But when the light turned green, I did about a 5psi launch and the next time I looked in the rearview mirror all I saw was his headlights quite a ways back. At the next light, he stayed about 2 car lengths back, so guessing he didn't want to have anymore fun.

For a moment my heart skipped a beat thiugh and thought I ****ed something up, as when I launched it, all of a sudden my music stopped playing. Had the phone playing through the aux jack and when I launched the truck, the phone came disconnected and went flying into the back. When I got home I found it wedged back underneath the rear seats on the drivers side.

Anyways, wasn't much of a race but its been the first time I have been at a light and actuallt found someone who wanted to have a little fun. And figure I would post here since there has only been 1 kill story posted in the last 3 months. :)

atkonkler

Is this your bush?
Re: S10 Xtreme

Very nice! I lose my phone into my back seat also....someone should make a syty phone catching net....so when you boost launch the phone flies into the net instead of the backseat! Food for thought!

TNPhoon

1of28

Should start a "What Have You Launched Into Your Rear Seats" thread.

I've done a cellphone, lighter and a 3/4 full cup of coffee.

NJ93TY

Donating Member

Nice, I've lost my phone and car keys to the back seat from the center
Console when boost launching.

Jimmy

Banned

One time this kid pulled up beside me in a V6 Mudstain revving his engine.I rolled down my window and said "I race motorcycles" and I flipped him the bird

Then I put 10 cars on him.

sytyguy

Moderated User

The day I bought my truck I stopped at a gas station on the way home to grab a drink. I walked out the store and saw two guys pointing at the truck and talking. One gave me a thumbs up and I acknowledged, so I decided to treat them with a little boost launch out of the parking lot. I had the windows down and my (freshly purchased and unopened) Mt. Dew bottle in the cup holder, and to leave the store, I had to take a hard left. So, I launched it while making the left hand turn, slung the Mt. Dew out the window, and (too embarrassed to go back and grab it out of the ditch) hauled ass down the road to the next gas station to grab another drink. That was 1998 and nothing with this truck has been normal since.

neildemo

Administrator

Just last week, I raced a bike in my Ty. Had about 4 car lengths on him. He shifted at least 3 gears before Catching up.. Had my window down he says I wanna race that thing in my TBSS. I was thinking Huh? I just blew you away on your bike lol.

littleblackpsycho

Donating Member

The day I bought my truck I stopped at a gas station on the way home to grab a drink. I walked out the store and saw two guys pointing at the truck and talking. One gave me a thumbs up and I acknowledged, so I decided to treat them with a little boost launch out of the parking lot. I had the windows down and my (freshly purchased and unopened) Mt. Dew bottle in the cup holder, and to leave the store, I had to take a hard left. So, I launched it while making the left hand turn, slung the Mt. Dew out the window, and (too embarrassed to go back and grab it out of the ditch) hauled ass down the road to the next gas station to grab another drink. That was 1998 and nothing with this truck has been normal since.
Haha
I had a date in my truck knew this chick probably two weeks and she thought my truck was ugly. Anyways come out of mcd's parking lot and come to the first stop light and I see in my rearview about two cars back a ws6. There is about 5 stoplights in a row on this sorry excuse of a highway. Next thing I know he's right next to me and its the last light and switches to 55. Our windows are down and he just stares and gives her that look like yeah he wishes he had this car. She says to me that's a pretty cool car. Normally i wouldn't care but I was like f that. I didnt have time to build any boost maybe 5 lbs and guy shoots off. I let off the brake and my pop lid flies off spraying coke all over me and the truck. I seriously almost hit the curb and basically stop traffic yelling every swear word I could think of. Probably one of the maddest I've ever been not one drop on her. That was about 7 yrs ago and I'm still with her. :roll:

QWERTYphoon

Motley Driver Award 2009

My ash tray slides open during boost launch. If I get real good traction my rear window will pop open!

Logan

Absolutely nothing wrong with putting someone in their place when they are acting stupid. Hell, from the sounds of it you may have done a public service.