Shindig 2014 Info

ziembic

Donating Member
Re: Shindig 2014 Info

:tup:

I'll PM you my cell Jeff. Text me when you land and we'll meet up. If you want to check into your room that's no problem, and then we can all head to my place to shoot guns and grill out.

If you want to save the $, skip the rental, ride with me and bum a ride all weekend. Otherwise, get the V6 Stang to thrash. Ryan made that thing look like a race car on track.

Thanks Hood. I would only rent for the autocross. Too much fun bumming rides. I may skip it anyway, since I somehow convinced Randy that I am the auto cross master. I think I was just pretty good at beating a rental car. He has graciously offered to let me turn a few laps in his truck. I don't have a room. Just tried booking and no bueno. I will probably crash in Randy's floor or a roll away bed.

turrrbo6

What time do we need to be at the autox track on Saturday? I need the address of the track also since I have been there twice and still don't know where it is.

sytyguy

Moderated User

What time do we need to be at the autox track on Saturday? I need the address of the track also since I have been there twice and still don't know where it is.

No actual address. Coordinates are 32.085637, -81.074442. You can also just punch in Hutchinson Island, Savannah, GA and you'll get there.

We'll start at 8:00 AM, but you can get there any time. If you want to run, just try to be there as early as possible for reg, tech & drivers meeting.

sytyguy

Moderated User

On the above note.....anyone who is wanting to autocross on Saturday, please remember that you can pre-register here - http://www.buccaneerregion.com/soloregistration/ When you select your event, select the Coastal Empire SyTy/Sgt Autocross and register in either SyTy Stock or SyTy Modified (at the bottom of the drop-down box). If unsure, select Modified and we'll class you accordingly.

turrrbo6

I keep getting an oops response when trying to register...anybody else? It won't take me to paypal. (buccaneer website)

Last edited:

sytyguy

Moderated User

I have a rough idea of when everyone is arriving, but if you are going to be getting in tomorrow, please reply with what time you expect to arrive. Just want to know who/when to be on the lookout for. PM me if you want my cell #.

Also, if anyone wants, we have VP C16 ($16 gal) and Sunoco 114 ($13 gal) near us locally. Just LMK how much to pick up for you.

SY-1193

I have a rough idea of when everyone is arriving, but if you are going to be getting in tomorrow, please reply with what time you expect to arrive. Just want to know who/when to be on the lookout for. PM me if you want my cell #.

Also, if anyone wants, we have VP C16 ($16 gal) and Sunoco 114 ($13 gal) near us locally. Just LMK how much to pick up for you.

When is a good time to arrive Thursday? I would like to see the gunfire/grilling activity for sure.

sytyguy

Moderated User

When is a good time to arrive Thursday? I would like to see the gunfire/grilling activity for sure.
Keith, anytime you want to get in is good. I think most of the FL/GA guys are rolling in between 1-3 tomorrow. Truth is that we'll probably go shoot guns again on Friday if we have the opportunity.

My cell for anyone who needs it.

cell.png

sytyguy

Moderated User

Right now, here's the plan (omitting minor details).

Thursday - shoot guns, hang out, grill out.
Friday - eat breakfast, wrench/tune, eat lunch, shoot guns, go to 1/8th if weather cooperates, eat supper
Saturday - eat breakfast, autocross, eat lunch (at track), autocross some more, eat supper, go street racing
Sunday - eat breakfast, hang out, eat lunch, depart

turrrbo6

Right now, here's the plan (omitting minor details).

Thursday - shoot guns, hang out, grill out.
Friday - eat breakfast, wrench/tune, eat lunch, shoot guns, go to 1/8th if weather cooperates, eat supper
Saturday - eat breakfast, autocross, eat lunch (at track), autocross some more, eat supper, go street racing
Sunday - eat breakfast, hang out, eat lunch, depart

I thought we were the only ones that still eat SUPPER. Around here its breakfast, dinner and supper. Btw I will meet y'all at the autox track on Saturday morning. Truck is set on 58 tune and running ok, hopefully we will have time later to do some 59 tuning. Lee

sytyguy

Moderated User

Have fun guys.
Everyone be "safe" <-GNONESANE? ;)
Oh we have several safety meetings scheduled already....but you should be here. You're the d*mned safety steward!

I thought we were the only ones that still eat SUPPER. Around here its breakfast, dinner and supper. Btw I will meet y'all at the autox track on Saturday morning. Truck is set on 58 tune and running ok, hopefully we will have time later to do some 59 tuning. Lee
My wife says breakfast, lunch, dinner. I say breakfast, dinner, supper. I conceded to use lunch to appease her and not confuse her. Must be a low country thing. :D

See you at the track Lee. You thinking you might run the truck? If so, we can do some tuning on the autocross. If not, we'll try to squeeze some time in between the autox and street racing. :tup:

JSM

I know Hardman and me are wanting to hit the straight line track also. Got something new to test out.

graham1524

I'll be driving down tomorrow. Leave here around 9 or so and get there maybe 2 or so. I saved your number in my phone. Looks like I will be truckless.

sytyguy

Moderated User

I know Hardman and me are wanting to hit the straight line track also. Got something new to test out.

I hope we get to go to the track. Weather may rule out Friday night, but we could always head over once we street race a little. Track is open till 11pm IIRC. Also, I have my autocross equipment and I'm checking out a spot tomorrow to see if I could set everything up to give us and 1/8th ET (no mph sadly). But if it works out, we may have our own little track.

I'll be driving down tomorrow. Leave here around 9 or so and get there maybe 2 or so. I saved your number in my phone. Looks like I will be truckless.

Why no truck? If it needs a little work but will make the trip, we can wrench on it here.

ETA: 1:00pm 10hr drive + 1hr of pit stops. Leaving approx. 2am.

Sounds good Keith. Y'all be careful.