***** SOLD ***** FOR SALE 93 Ty #1101

The Big Guy

***** SOLD *****

Well, the third kid came and the Ty is not going to work for me anymore. I hate to sell it but I am going to. Thought I would start here.

1993 GMC Typhoon #1101
73,xxx miles
Frost White/Argent Gray
$22,500 obo
Located in Dallas (Irving), TX 75063

All stock EXCEPT for wearables, rear air suspension removed, and one of the cladding pieces is not original. It flew off on the freeway so I replaced it with a fiberglass replica and had it painted. It looks very good but you are able to tell if looking closely. It has never had any performance or cosmetic mods of any kind.

Starts first time every time, runs perfectly, pulls hard, shifts hard, no leaks.

As best as I can piece together this vehicle was purchased new from a dealer in 1993 by a woman in Kansas. She then owned and meticulously maintained it until her death. She saved every single service receipt. Oil changes, one alternator replacement, some attempts at fixing the squeaky hatch (unsuccessful as is the case with these cars), everything. She even wrote and saved a nasty-gram she wrote to the dealership because she felt they drove too many miles (3 I think) to try to recreate an issue she reported. I have all of these records in hand along with original window sticker and clean TX title.

Upon her death in 2018 it ended up in a specialty auction house in Missouri. You can check out their ad here. The guy who bought it from them had it for about 2 years and put 500 miles on it. He lives in Allen, TX and sold it to me. He is a big car guy and needed room for a project (69 Camaro restomod).

So I bought it in January 2020 as the 4th owner (but really the 3rd) and absolutely adore the car. I had it professionally inspected in prep for sale and no major issues except the stupid piece of cladding (noted above) that flew off on the freeway a few weeks ago and the A/C wasn't very cold. I have since replaced the A/C compressor, had a radiator flush (no issues, coolant just looked like it could use it), a new fuel filter, and a fresh oil change (always Mobil1 full synth.)

I have put about 2,500 miles on it and would love to keep it, but we have our third baby on the way so I just need a bigger car. Don't have room to keep it as a fourth car. (Probably going to go TBSS)

The Carfax (attached) is not terribly informative, but it is totally clean.

Overall it is in very good condition, but not show condition. Paint is in great shape but a couple chips. Interior is in great shape but a couple blemishes. There is some light rust on the frame, but the inspector noted that it is not serious and could be easily treated.

Attachments

• CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 1993 GMC TYPHOON_ 1GDCT18Z1P0811101.pdf
    796.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7083.jpg
    IMG_7083.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7064.jpg
    IMG_7064.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 16
  • Engine Bay.png
    Engine Bay.png
    361.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Front interior.png
    Front interior.png