Tesla Model S 60 kW goes down!!

TLDTy

A friend at work just picked up a 2013 Tesla Model S...He continued to tell me about all the cool features and how fast this thing was....I made sure it was NOT the ludicrous model before I opened my mouth ....He was kind enough to let me drive his 60k baby.... Let me say what an incredible car....If I could afford one it would be in my driveway. I understand it's not for everyone but what a nice ride....He knows I love my little red 80s blazer (93 Ty) so I asked if we could run from a dig?... He got this smile like I was crazy and said absolutely!! We lined up outside of work ..I spooled it up to about 6psi...let him count it down.... Immediately I put 3 lengths on him and never looked back... We ran it up to 110 and I held him off the whole time not giving up my lead....We stopped and he simply said "Very Impressive" and my response was "Yeah but yours still looks better".... Another humiliated ego laid to rest...I love my 80s blazer...LOL

Last edited:

Jay92Ty

Donating Member
Re: Tesla Model S 60 kW goes down!!

Sweet kill! I drove my boss's tesla ( same as the one here) and yeah that thing is nice. Good amount of torque. I told him my Ty would take it so he tells me.."maybe so, but it wont take my 911 porsche" so at some point we will give that a try:D Again..great kill.

robertmee

A friend at work just picked up a 2013 Tesla Model S...He continued to tell me about all the cool features and how fast this thing was....I made sure it was NOT the ludicrous model before I opened my mouth .

Nice kill, but no ludicrous is basically bragging you beat a 4 cyl Mustang. Race the real thing next time ;)

TLDTy

I own that 4 cyl mustang beat down then..... Most of my friends don't have pockets deep enough for a P90D.....However on a side note I did get my ass handed to me by a neon srt4 on the freeway last night.... There was nothing stock about that little car.... I gotta figure out this TT chip.

robertmee

I gotta figure out this TT chip.

When you get it mastered, let me know ;) I have a TT chip w/ PLX Wideband, and I seem to be chasing a gremlin. I have ALDL logging and I don't see anything out of the ordinary, but I feel a shudder at idle, and sometimes the A/F just goes nuts, swinging from 18 to 10 on the gauge. I'm also getting about 2 to 3 deg of knock on WOT. I bought the truck built as it is, so I'm still learning exactly what I have.

IGottaSy

Some of these trucks like the mixture on the rich side. Some time in the future, I want to swap to 60# and E85 tune. My truck is mostly stock. That means the fuel pump has to be upgraded as well. Have you tried adding E85 to your fuel to see if it helps? I do about 5 gal to a full tank and it loves it!.