Trophy & Award Results!

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.
Re: Trophy & Award Results!

Sorry this is a little off topic, but where can I find the rules or guidlines for what defines Super Stock, Pro Stock, and Outlaw SyTy categories? (Pure stock and stock turbo are kinda self explanatory) I am almost done with my truck and would like to know where it fits in.

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66108

Note, however, discussion has started about modifying them for the next Nationals to encourage more racing participation. They have been around long enough, that they may need to be tweaked to more accurately describe the current owner base and what they've done to their trucks. :tup:

Six-is-Enough

Use to do a little Boost

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66108

Note, however, discussion has started about modifying them for the next Nationals to encourage more racing participation. They have been around long enough, that they may need to be tweaked to more accurately describe the current owner base and what they've done to their trucks. :tup:

The sooner the better on any new rules, classes, or reduction of # of classes. So people can plan their future mods to fit the new rule structure. :tup:

Nova67ss

Some more discutions on the altitude correctionfactors once again, Im puseld and confused..

http://www.youtube.com/user/210speed#p/a/f/2/foHCpuva8LM
In this video it´s stated that Bullys 9,35 run is equal to the corrected sealevel at 8,79 and his speed with same corretion would bee 159,78 right??

But acording to this correction factor chard
http://www.nhra.net/tech_specs/altitude.html
there is a fine note I cant get out of my head: NOTE: Supercharged and/or turbocharged cars (i.e.: AA/A, AA/AT, BB/A, BB/AT, A/PM and AA/PM) use half factor; TA/D and TA/FC cars are not factored.

That would put that 9,35@151,26 to a corrected 9,011@157,106

NOT the obvius NA corretion factors that would be an optimistic 8,79@159,78

Then I belive he still use the NO2 to "spool" the turbos?? that is still 2 poweradders and a way to blow air in the engine..

Just my 2 cents and not to stear up a fight

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"

I dont know if I would call the NO2 a power adder if he only uses it at the line to spool the turbos(dont know if that's all he uses it for). I only say that because I bet he wouldn't need it at sea level though.

TJ, my best run was 11.5@117 in the Sy. My runs were 14.8, 13.3, 12.7, 12.5, 12.4, 11.5, 11.6 hot lapping the first five runs.

Overkill

No nitrous was used at Nats by bully syclone to spool the turbo or otherwise unless I was simply not aware. Your N/A correction would be to high as it does not apply to turbo vehicles the same as it does to non-forced induction vehicles. There is still a difference however which unfortunately is not a set calculation as it depends on variables that change from vehicle to vehicle.

Last edited:

gstjohn

Sycloned S-10

No nitrous was used by bully at the nats. The nitrous is only used to help spool on the line. We were having difficulty hooking up off the line this year.

Nova67ss

Thanks for U´r answers, these corrections chards realy make´s me puseld, Yea that problem to hook on the line I recognise ;)

But in the chase for a 8 sec pass in the US (Hoower, Ed, Hacking etc..) U´ve all been close but no "ciggar",

Why does`nt Johnn go down to a track on sea level and be done whit that elusive 8, if he runs the numbers correction chards say´s?.

BULLY Syclone

Höhe Fragen!

Umm you're right no one.... including Robert has run a 8 in the US and as for the nitrous it is not even hooked up and I am not the one blowing my sh t up every other race

Treymen

Donating Member

I dont know if I would call the NO2 a power adder if he only uses it at the line to spool the turbos(dont know if that's all he uses it for). I only say that because I bet he wouldn't need it at sea level though.

TJ, my best run was 11.5@117 in the Sy. My runs were 14.8, 13.3, 12.7, 12.5, 12.4, 11.5, 11.6 hot lapping the first five runs.

WOW. Somebody did a little tuning. Nice times

Nova67ss

Umm you're right no one.... including Robert has run a 8 in the US and as for the nitrous it is not even hooked up and I am not the one blowing my sh t up every other race

Charming as always, and no I wont go THAT road again..History..

But Im sertan that an 8 sec pass in US would give a loud echo, and glorius triumph to the one nailing it.

As for Robert´s willingnes to chare his sucksess AND misfortune to this forum is a way to ceep up the intresst to these trucks and U can chose to NOT see his threads, OR he can stop showing these glimps of the racing and adventure he is having,

I guess a poll about him showing his vids or Ur desire to "ban his thread" would bee realy intressting.

So if U´r truck AND correction shard is right, climb down Ur mountin and run that 8.79 then.

MRKING

New Parts for Old Trucks

Charming as always, and no "I WONT GO THAT ROAD AGAIN "..History..

But Im sertan that an 8 sec pass in US would give a loud echo, and glorius triumph to the one nailing it.

As for Robert´s willingnes to chare his sucksess AND misfortune to this forum is a way to ceep up the intresst to these trucks and U can chose to NOT see his threads, OR he can stop showing these glimps of the racing and adventure he is having,

I guess a poll about him showing his vids or Ur desire to "ban his thread" would bee realy intressting.

So if U´r truck AND correction shard is right, climb down Ur mountin and run that 8.79 then.
Way to not go there . ;)

Maybe that all translates into John , great job on the fast times .:tup:

berzerker

wookie

the bike was an extended swing arm , full race prepped busa , if any car or truck at that matter can keep up with or beat one at the track ... well . you have one bad ass ride !! hats off to john"s truck !